300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Force Police Officer

Anyone have any insight into these positions? I know they are not covered by 6-c but does it confer any status? I am currently an U.S. Park Ranger under a pathways appointment and just got a conditional offer for a 13 month term job with the Air Force. It not being 6-c is certainly making me lean toward declining.

Not worth it. Stay where u are. Apply to park police when they open again.

Comment

Right you BETTER stay where you or you will truly regret. Stay far away from DOD Police. I mean far away like he said go with US Park Police.

Comment

I plan on ending up as a perm U.S. Park Ranger when it is all said and done but getting perm is tough. I will have 120 days of non competitive hiring eligibility when I finish my masters but there is no guarantee of conversion. Looking for ways to gain status.

Comment

Went ahead and declined

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiitexas View Post
            Went ahead and declined
            Trust me you wont regret it..

Comment

Originally posted by DCFED View Post
              Right you BETTER stay where you or you will truly regret. Stay far away from DOD Police. I mean far away like he said go with US Park Police.

I'm the last person to talk up the military civilian law enforcement gigs, but they arent a bad option for many people. I have a lot of friends that were 0083's for the military that are now US Marshals, SAs, Rangers, BPAs, or went local. It was a good stepping stone for them. Many got on, gained status, finished their degrees, and now literally have their dream jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiitexas View Post
                Anyone have any insight into these positions? I know they are not covered by 6-c but does it confer any status? I am currently an U.S. Park Ranger under a pathways appointment and just got a conditional offer for a 13 month term job with the Air Force. It not being 6-c is certainly making me lean toward declining.
                Don't you guys go up to GS-9? Assuming you are in LE. At my park the officers go up to a GS-9, but the pathways start at a GS-5. Stay where you are for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by AntLefty View Post
                  Don't you guys go up to GS-9? Assuming you are in LE. At my park the officers go up to a GS-9, but the pathways start at a GS-5. Stay where you are for a while.
                  He might not be a LEO park ranger, though. He didn't specify.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6726 users online. 216 members and 6510 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X