300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIGTA Recent Graduate Program

Today I applied to the TIGTA Recent Grad program (announcement #15-TIGTA-398-X) as I am just about 1 year removed from completing my Masters. Aside from having a very basic understanding of the role of 1811's within the Treasury Dept, I don't really know anything about the hiring process. More specifically, I am curious as to the specifics of the process with regards to the grad program. How it works, time frame, similarity to other 1811 hiring processes, etc. The announcement page was somewhat vague in this regard (The job posting closed in less than 24 hours so I am assuming that it is as highly competitive as other FLEO positions). I looked at the USAjobs pathways page and it wasn't very helpful either.

Naturally, I would hope that if I make it through the process that it would become a longtime career however, I'm wondering what the likelihood is that I would actually be awarded a full time position upon completing the first year.

Any and all input that people have about this position would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Helo189; 08-04-2015, 02:43 AM.

The position is highly competitive! I was hired through the last announcement they had. It took about a month and a half from the closing date of the announcement to interview and I got the call three days after the interview. You are basically guaranteed the full time position as long as you do not screw up in a major way. They send you through the CITP immediately depending on availability (I was at FLETC within two weeks of my start date). PM me if you have any specific questions. Good luck!
    Last edited by JFed; 08-04-2015, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Is this program for recent grads with masters only??

Comment

Originally posted by JFed View Post
        The position is highly competitive! I was hired through the last announcement they had. It took about a month and a half from the closing date of the announcement to interview and I got the call three days after the interview. You are basically guaranteed the full time position as long as you do not screw up in a major way. They send you through the CITP immediately depending on availability (I was at FLETC within two weeks of my start date). PM me if you have any specific questions. Good luck!
        I still hate you. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by service4others View Post
          Is this program for recent grads with masters only??
          Not exactly. However, the vacancy was for a GL-9, so the only way to qualifying is to have a masters, or doctorate, OR have recently graduated with a bachelors AND have prior LE experience.

Comment

LOL... How are you doing?

Comment

Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
              Not exactly. However, the vacancy was for a GL-9, so the only way to qualifying is to have a masters, or doctorate, OR have recently graduated with a bachelors AND have prior LE experience.
              I gotcha.

Comment

I applied to this and just checked USAJobs and noticed that it says application didn't rate high enough to be referred.

Comment

Originally posted by ronald_mcdonald View Post
                  I applied to this and just checked USAJobs and noticed that it says application didn't rate high enough to be referred.
                  I just checked, as well. Looks like only vets will be referred, as mine says I have been awarded vet preference. As a backstory, the last time I got an interview with TIGTA, my status said the same thing. So, if your status says something similar, assuming the process is the same for all TIGTA offices, you have been referred.

Comment

thanks for the update
                    Last edited by Culper1773; 07-23-2017, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I just checked, as well. Looks like only vets will be referred, as mine says I have been awarded vet preference. As a backstory, the last time I got an interview with TIGTA, my status said the same thing. So, if your status says something similar, assuming the process is the same for all TIGTA offices, you have been referred.
                      That's good to hear. I guess I will continue to play the waiting game and see what happens. I'm a 5 point Vet, so I'm guessing there may have been many 10 point Vets that applied to this posting if the non referral holds true.

Comment

That's good to hear. I guess I will continue to play the waiting game and see what happens. I'm a 5 point Vet, so I'm guessing there may have been many 10 point Vets that applied to this posting if the non referral holds true.

Comment

Originally posted by ronald_mcdonald View Post
                          I received the same notice. I'm not a vet so that lines up with what others have said in this thread. I'm wondering why it is pushed as a program for recent grads if they are looking for vets in particular?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8396 users online. 335 members and 8061 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X