300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to start the process

Hey everyone. Love the forum here, get all sorts of good info. I have three years left in the Navy (getting out at my ten year) I hear a lot of differing opinions in regards to when I should apply. I have been told lately to do so at my two year mark to add a little buffer time to an already long process. Basically I'm looking to go FBI ATF USSS or Mass State police. Hopefully someone will pick me up! Any advice would be great. Just An extra note I will have my masters degree just a few months prior to my one year out mark. Should I consider that in regards to my application time. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by kevmahones View Post
    Hey everyone. Love the forum here, get all sorts of good info. I have three years left in the Navy (getting out at my ten year) I hear a lot of differing opinions in regards to when I should apply. I have been told lately to do so at my two year mark to add a little buffer time to an already long process. Basically I'm looking to go FBI ATF USSS or Mass State police. Hopefully someone will pick me up! Any advice would be great. Just An extra note I will have my masters degree just a few months prior to my one year out mark. Should I consider that in regards to my application time. Thanks in advance.
    Apply everywhere and I think the two year mark would be good, as long as you can complete the hiring processes without interruption.

Comment

Apply right now is what I would say. Sometimes, the federal process takes forever, and you will do several attempts to it. If you start now, you will start to familiarize yourself with the process, so even if you get denied the first time, you will know what to do for the next time.

And I still think it is a good idea to reach out to someone who works in the agencies that you want to work for, just to let them know that you're interested. You will get some good advice that way.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Apply to the Federal LE agencies whenever they have an opening, as those processes tend to take a couple years, especially the 1811 gigs. As for Mass SP, I cannot speak for them and have no knowledge how long their processes tend to take.

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone

Comment

In regards to MA State Police, they are holding onto their list from the 2013 state test until Nov of this year. Then they will start using the spring 2015 test results for about two years. You will need to take the state test in 2017 if you want to apply to the state police as MA holds a state wide test every two years. It takes time to go through the process and it all depends on when they have a class, which over the past few years doesn't seem to be too often if I remember correctly.

Comment

I have heard the same thing. A friend of mine with a similar background was bumped to the front. I don't bank on being so lucky but positive thinking is a big takeaway from this forum

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6742 users online. 215 members and 6527 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X