300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIA 1811 for non-tribal

Any idea at all about breaking the code to getting hired as an 1811 BIA agent if you are non-tribal? I constantly get referred and not selected.. and many of the locations put out repeat job announcements?

Thanks

Just self identify as black or Indian, based on Lucy...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

but then after I was found out, I'd have to resign w/o any corrective measures being taken

Comment

When I was at Artesia, the majority of BIA folks were native American, zero African American, and a few white guys. So I don't think identifying yourself as African American will help. These federal agencies don't have many hires compared to applicants anyway, getting hired is tough no matter your race.
        Last edited by Esco; 06-16-2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I guess you missed the sarcasm...

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            I guess you missed the sarcasm...
            Oh. Yep. I did.

Comment

The BIA 0083 thread has been around since 2010, you could probably find some resourceful info there.
              Last edited by TopGun87; 06-16-2015, 11:22 PM. Reason: Why waste my time.
              The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

Well... Since we're ALL African, guess the demographics just changed...

Comment

It's getting historical in here.

Comment

Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
                    The BIA 0083 thread has been around since 2010, you could probably find some resourceful info there.
                    ya, I looked and saw nothing but a few complaints..... not what I'm looking for thanks though

Comment

Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                      Any idea at all about breaking the code to getting hired as an 1811 BIA agent if you are non-tribal? I constantly get referred and not selected.. and many of the locations put out repeat job announcements?

Thanks
                      The fact that you are even getting referred is beyond me. Every time I've applied, I get an email that basically says: "You are very well qualified, but you aren't a Native American applicant, so we can't look at you because we've received enough applications from Native Americans that meet the minimum requirements and we have to consider them over you. Okay? Thanks. Bye."

Comment

Do you think we should apply as trans-Native American? (Too soon?)

Comment

Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
                          The fact that you are even getting referred is beyond me. Every time I've applied, I get an email that basically says: "You are very well qualified, but you aren't a Native American applicant, so we can't look at you because we've received enough applications from Native Americans that meet the minimum requirements and we have to consider them over you. Okay? Thanks. Bye."
                          YEP! had my fair (or unfair) share of those also!

Comment

Speak of the Devil... I just got an email for the Bismark, ND vacancy telling me that they received so many Indian preference applicants, that only Indian preference applicants that are ALSO vet preference candidates are being referred. A minute later, I received an email telling me I was referred to the hiring official. Go me. #trans-tribal

Comment

Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
                              Speak of the Devil... I just got an email for the Bismark, ND vacancy telling me that they received so many Indian preference applicants, that only Indian preference applicants that are ALSO vet preference candidates are being referred. A minute later, I received an email telling me I was referred to the hiring official. Go me. #trans-tribal
                              was that the DEU or MP posting that closed last night?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7684 users online. 230 members and 7454 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X