300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHS National Protection and Programs Investigator

Anyone have any insight on this job? I see there was a posting for my area.

Found an older thread...
    Last edited by my93rx7tt; 06-16-2015, 01:00 PM.

I'd like some info on it as well. I can't find much on FPS compared with other agencies. Any FPS Criminal Investigators here that can share some insight on things like the hiring process, training, job details, job assignments (I'm worried for my family regarding the mobility agreement - it's not a huge worry but I'd like to know how much I'll be moving in my [potential] career) etc.

Good luck to all applicants.

Comment

There is a big thread on it. Just google.

Comment

Originally posted by MarinePSS619
        From 2010
        correct glad you found it I was just letting you know.
        Last edited by service4others; 06-16-2015, 11:03 PM.

Comment

And it hasn't changed much...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I put in also, current 1811 for 8yrs with a total of 13 fed time.

Comment

Do they hire with no experience? I applied under Superior Academic Achievement. I have noticed they love vets as most agencies to but wondering how difficult it would be to get hired with just a degree.

Comment

I wouldn't put much stock into FPS-NPPD taking applications from non fed employees or vets. From talking to the FPS 1811 in my area, they may look to promote from within or hire vets under this program.
                I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Put it this way, I've got 5yrs with CBP, 8 yrs at HSI with 5 of those at the FBI/JTTF and I can't get an interview with FPS because I don't have vet pref. Hopefully this time I make it through.

Comment

Well you definitely deserve a shot...I might as well put this one on the back burner with no experience lol. I figured I would give it a shot and apply since i meet the minimum.

Originally posted by The HSSIE View Post
                    Put it this way, I've got 5yrs with CBP, 8 yrs at HSI with 5 of those at the FBI/JTTF and I can't get an interview with FPS because I don't have vet pref. Hopefully this time I make it through.

Comment

Originally posted by kzvo91 View Post
                      Well you definitely deserve a shot...I might as well put this one on the back burner with no experience lol. I figured I would give it a shot and apply since i meet the minimum.
                      I meet the minimum requirements and applied. I would try instead of just passing it along. Never know what recruiters/HR will pick/do. Doesn't hurt to try.

Comment

Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                        I meet the minimum requirements and applied. I would try instead of just passing it along. Never know what recruiters/HR will pick/do. Doesn't hurt to try.
                        Good advice for everyone. The only guarantee is that if you don't apply you won't get the job. I solidly qualify for GS11, but I think I can make a case for GS12 so I put in for that too. It doesn't hurt to try unless you just absolutely don't qualify for the grade which would mean you lied on the application. But if you can make a reasonable and honest case then go for it.

Comment

I did apply, just frustrating with no experience applying for GS 5/7 jobs and never getting referred.

Comment

I have put in as well... I would of started this thread after the announcement had closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kzvo91 View Post
                              Never tell yourself no, let them tell you no. Put in for it you have nothing to lose. I put in for the 7 and the 12 and I'm a 13/5, if they don't pay match me I won't take it. I have a pretty sweet gig right now, so I can be picky.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11118 users online. 400 members and 10718 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X