300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOD Police

I didn't see a recent thread for the DOD Police recruitment so I thought I would start one. I interviewed with one of the bases near me about a month ago. Could anyone give me an idea of how long it usually takes to hear something one way or the other after the interview?

Originally posted by badger54 View Post
    I didn't see a recent thread for the DOD Police recruitment so I thought I would start one. I interviewed with one of the bases near me about a month ago. Could anyone give me an idea of how long it usually takes to hear something one way or the other after the interview?

DoN police may take a few weeks to a month for the list to go from the selecting official to the human resources for the conditional offer.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Stay far away from DOD Police just DOD period.

Comment

What are the physical agility test standards?

Comment

Originally posted by DCFED View Post
          Stay far away from DOD Police just DOD period.
          If DoD is all that is available to get you in the door then take it. Otherwise take the advice of those that have been there.......Stay away....Far far away! Coming from the Army DoD then DoA many moons ago you will be a civilian private. You will be called MP, Guard, contractor and crapped on by everyone.

Can't speak for the Navy, Air Force or Marine DoD. IIRC there were a few hold outs......Fort Hunter Liggett and Fort Dix come to mind where you are treated as an LEO.

APG at one time had their act together. They had an onsite academy that was CALEA accredited and that was no small feat for a Federal agency! I don't think that FLETC has that accreditation! That program was generating money for APG due to other bases sending their folks through it. So successful it got the attention of the MP dude down at the Pentagon and then the regulations changed. (Well maybe not like that) I was there during the purge and the massive paper shredding fiasco that ultimately did away with the school as it once was and the loss of the accreditation.

My advice is if you are going to go DoD, find an agency that will send you through FLETC. 50+/- agencies recognize it and it will only help you in the future.

Good luck.
          Last edited by ropren; 07-01-2015, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Ok so I have a date for the pre employment medical but I still haven't been told when I will need to take a PT test. Does anyone have any idea when this might be done if you've gone through the process lately? This is for a naval facility if that makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ropren View Post
              If DoD is all that is available to get you in the door then take it. Otherwise take the advice of those that have been there.......Stay away....Far far away! Coming from the Army DoD then DoA many moons ago you will be a civilian private. You will be called MP, Guard, contractor and crapped on by everyone.

Can't speak for the Navy, Air Force or Marine DoD. IIRC there were a few hold outs......Fort Hunter Liggett and Fort Dix come to mind where you are treated as an LEO.

APG at one time had their act together. They had an onsite academy that was CALEA accredited and that was no small feat for a Federal agency! I don't think that FLETC has that accreditation! That program was generating money for APG due to other bases sending their folks through it. So successful it got the attention of the MP dude down at the Pentagon and then the regulations changed. (Well maybe not like that) I was there during the purge and the massive paper shredding fiasco that ultimately did away with the school as it once was and the loss of the accreditation.

My advice is if you are going to go DoD, find an agency that will send you through FLETC. 50+/- agencies recognize it and it will only help you in the future.

Good luck.
              I worked at APG about 15 yrs ago and it was great, I here the academy went down hill after the head of it left (Stone cold academy) lol. I've lost touch with most of the guys but last I heard it's horrible there, such a shame

Comment

Originally posted by fedcop64 View Post
                I worked at APG about 15 yrs ago and it was great, I here the academy went down hill after the head of it left (Stone cold academy) lol. I've lost touch with most of the guys but last I heard it's horrible there, such a shame
                There are a few goods one left. After the retirees from the State Police and Baltimore Co. retired from there it really went down hill!

Comment

Originally posted by ropren View Post

Good luck.
                  DoN is sending all new hires through FLETC UPTC.

Comment

Originally posted by CoverageCode3 View Post
                    DoN is sending all new hires through FLETC UPTC.
                    Then by all means run with it. When you are down at GLENCO you can network with others from agencies all across the country.

Comment

I agree when you get down FLETC PLEASE network and get away from DOD Police farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..

Comment

I applied to the March posting and I am now just waiting for my start date from HR. I have been waiting on that since Sept 1st so this is a fairly quick process thus far...

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDog1986 View Post
                          I applied to the March posting and I am now just waiting for my start date from HR. I have been waiting on that since Sept 1st so this is a fairly quick process thus far...
                          I can't remember when exactly I applied off the top of my head but it was early in the year. I would say from interview to start date was six months.I just got my start date now counting down the days until I start.

Comment

Have fun with DOD police and hope you last 1 to 2 years seriously.

Comment

Anyone else here with an EOD date of Oct 4 for Bethesda?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11907 users online. 474 members and 11433 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X