300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Now

In the last few years I have attempted to change LE jobs. I want to leave correnctions and get out on the road now that I am done with college. I have been turned down, becuase I experimented with steroids when I was 18, that was 8 years ago. So here is the question, do I give up the dream of working in LE or do I keep on trying. I have had four agencies in a row ding me on this issue. For all those who are wondering, it was a 5 week cycle that I experimented with. This is the only issue that I have been rejected for, I have over 4 years in correnctions, good credit, and a positive debt to income ratio. What is the big deal with steroids and LE. I have known several cops at one time who were using, and there are several out there still using.

Any advice/criticsm would be great.

I'm frankly surprised that a one-time use 8 years ago has affected your chances this much.

I would keep applying. I don't see how this by itself disqualifies you.

Comment

I noticed you are in NV. Are you in Clark CO. or in the north. If in clark county why can you not transfer? If in the north, I would ask your supervisors in corrections for additional info. The higher ups in corrections usually knows those in enforcement. Ask them for advice or input. Couldn't hurt. And if being on the street is your dream I would not give up. You will never forgive yourself. Additionally, how is your work history with corrections? Do your superiors think you are doing a great job etc??? Good Luck!

Comment

My work history is great in corrections. I have had a couple of bumps and bruises along the way, but nothing serious. I have had a speradic work history though. I have had several jobs over the years, but that is how I was able to get through college. I have my degree and I am working on my masters. During the background screening I get a lot of questions about having so many jobs, but they all check out. I would work two if not three part time jobs to help me out during school. College isn't cheap and I am proud to say that my diploma was stamped "paid in full." I was willing to bounce from part time job to part time job just to pay for school. One part time job paid for classes and the other paid for food and lodging. The military has been good to me also, I have been in the ANG for over eight years, but they never take that into consideration. I will try again later, but for now I will finish my master hopefully in JD work and then, make the changes from inside the court room.

Comment

Y not try the NHP they are hiring again

PPB
          HERE"S MY 10 CENTS CAUSE MY 2 CENTS IS FREE." EMINEM

Comment

Last edited by Invisiblecop; 12-12-2003, 07:05 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6819 users online. 355 members and 6464 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X