Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if they’re willing to approve waivers for this program? I had adhd as a kid almost 10 years ago. It’s not a problem for OCS from what I was told but I really want to be able to do this.

Comment

• Have you spoken with a recruiter and asked? Also do you meet the other requirements, such as degree type and GPA?

Comment

• Two Questions:

For the letters of recommendation, do they have to be hand signed or will a digital signature on the PDF suffice?

How long does MEPS usually take to give the thumbs up for a medical screen after submitting the proper documentation?

Comment

• Culper1773
          Culper1773 commented
          Editing a comment
          It has to be CID forms and they are hand written

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I have the CID form, currently I have two letters of recommendation. One of the letters is from a supervisor (he hand hand wrote and signed the entire thing), the other one I have was a personal reference, he typed it and digitally signed it. Does the entire thing have to be handwritten or can it just be signed? Forgive me for asking but my recruiter didn't have the answer to what was appropriate when I asked him.

• Culper1773
          Culper1773 commented
          Editing a comment
          They have to be hand written

• As far as the MEPS question is concerned, I have no clue so I can't even guess. I personally have written a few LOR's for CID packets have signed digitally, with zero issues.

Comment

• The 701st MP group for CID interests me a lot. Is it possible to try and get specific groups (like 701st) into your contract, or is the attempt futile? Recruiters won't tell me yes or no.

Comment

• Sorry, not likely. It's always going to be needs of the Army. Most all agents will do a stint at PSB (701st) but, your not going to do an entire career there. Now I will say this, PSB is always super short handed, so I know USAR agents who have done 4-5yrs straight there.

Comment

• DocHolidayFan
              DocHolidayFan commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the first straight forward answer. Dang, I'm extremely interested in everything the 701st does, especially the PSB and TCIU. I'm still at the very beginning stages of the direct accessions recruitment though.

• My daughter is going through this process and asking about Army Student Loan Repayment and/or a bonus for enlisting 31D. Recruiter says they won't tell her if she's eligible for either until her swearing in. ASVAB taken, her packet is completed, and MEPS done... waiting for word on acceptance. I spent 28 years in LE and did 10 years at the FBI on JTTF after 9-11. I have contacts that can help her but she really wants to serve in armed forces first. The 31D pilot program is on the front page of the Army Jobs in Demand page. Did any of you guys get any financial relief towards your student loan for enlisting 31D out of college? Thanks!

Comment

• Hey Hoosier,

I'm just an army vet that got out a few years ago. I can tell you one thing, do NOT let your daughter fall for empty promises that are not printed on her enlistment contract. They are empty promises that do not have to be kept. If she gets into the 31D program, that's awesome for her. Anything she wants or qualify for enlistment bonuses or other stuff, make sure she gets it in the contract.

Comment

• hoosier66
                hoosier66 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the advise. I'm familiar with the recruiters as my son finished college as well and then enlisted into a very high speed combat MOS in the Army, so the contract he signed met the smell test and had several ad-ons. Using the same recruiter here who is VERY enthusiastic and an E7. I'm just curious did any of the other applicants receive loan assistance or bonuses on their contracts. I'm a firm believer in being as informed as possible and that is the purpose of this request. Thanks again for the head-up.

• Originally posted by hoosier66 View Post
              My daughter is going through this process and asking about Army Student Loan Repayment and/or a bonus for enlisting 31D. Recruiter says they won't tell her if she's eligible for either until her swearing in. ASVAB taken, her packet is completed, and MEPS done... waiting for word on acceptance. I spent 28 years in LE and did 10 years at the FBI on JTTF after 9-11. I have contacts that can help her but she really wants to serve in armed forces first. The 31D pilot program is on the front page of the Army Jobs in Demand page. Did any of you guys get any financial relief towards your student loan for enlisting 31D out of college? Thanks!
              I finished 31B OSUT like 5 months ago and am going to CIDSAC this summer. Unfortunately wait times have gotten quite long as this program has grown in popularity.

Anyway, I got an 8,000 cash bonus that was for enlisting as 31B. It didn't have anything to do with CID; was just a seasonal bonus for MPs. She may or may not get one depending on when she signs (I signed in September). I was worried for a long time they were going to want the money back since I was going 31D but MOS change due to normal career progression is authorized. To clarify, under this program you enlist as 31B and are treated like an MP during your IET and such.

As for student loan repayment, not available. You need to sign for a real crappy MOS to get these as far as I know.

IMO this program is on the "in demand" site just for advertisement purposes.

Good luck to your daughter. MP OSUT sucks since it's basically 5 months of basic training but it was worth it for me.
              Last edited by Culper1773; 07-23-2018, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Cajun87
                Cajun87 commented
                Editing a comment
                Culper1773, when you finished OSUT did you get moved to a duty station? What have you been doing while waiting the past 5 months for CIDSAC? When did you find out your class date for CIDSAC or are you still waiting for the date itself?

• Anyone at Leonard Wood now? Message me if so please.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7056 users online. 311 members and 6745 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X