300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DiverB72 View Post

I doubt it. When I went thru CID school, many of the AD guys family were still at their prior duty station until graduation and they PCS'd to their first CID office assignment. Funny I'm the opposite of you, I just got my conditional release from CID to join a National Guard aviation unit. CID and USAR wasn't very happy to let me go. Major paperwork headache......uggg
    Wow. Finally had enough of CID or just moving on to a new adventure?

The guard rejected my initial DD368 several months ago stating that no releases will be considered until October 1 because of manpower issues. They told me to try again when that time comes....which I intend to do. It will be interesting to see if they come up with another excuse or actually try to push it through. I've heard conditional releases can be difficult to come by unless you can articulate some degree of exigency in needing a full time job (i.e. just got married, just had a baby, etc.).

A quick follow up if you don't mind Diver: On the guard side (at least in my experience as an 11B) outside of schools, state activations or deployments, you pretty much stick to the script of 1 weekend/month, 2 weeks/year. As Reserve CID is your average year significantly different?

Comment

• I spent a little over 10 yrs with CID, which included 4 deployments and countless 1 or 2 week missions and assisting with active duty investigations, not to mention schools. I normally averaged 120+ retirement points a year. I enjoyed my time as a CID Agent, and it wasn't easy to leave. Especially considering I was on the fast track to a BN Ops officer position if I wanted it. The freedom of movement and pretty much being treated as an adult will be missed as I enter back into "regular Army" again, well ok not really regular Army but National Guard. I'm actually going to have to wear a uniform again....geeze whats that going to be like, lol.

CID sent me to some amazing schools and training, and I will always be grateful for it. With that being said, I'm 5yrs from being able to retire from my civilian department and I have zero intention of doing anything law enforcement related when I retire. I was fortunate 2 years ago to get moved over to our aviation section, I thought if I move over to Army Aviation, it might set me up for something different after retirement. I'm good with one weekend a month now and just 2wks a year now

Comment

• For those who came in with this program as prior service, when did you get to find out your duty station? Meps, osut, or cidsac?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6432 users online. 206 members and 6226 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X