X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • service4others
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Nola504
    I would love to apply for the pilot program; however, I do not have the required 3.0 GPA they require...SMH! Ahhhhh
    I am sure you can waiver it if you have a good resume. There are waivers for waivers. They cannot say you cannot put a packet in just because you do not have a GPA of 3.0.

Comment

• aspiring_fed
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by service4others
      I am sure you can waiver it if you have a good resume. There are waivers for waivers. They cannot say you cannot put a packet in just because you do not have a GPA of 3.0.
      They can't? Why?

Comment

• Nola504
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2011

I'm going to call a recruiter and see if this is possible. I'm a current fed employee as a U.S. Probation officer with a total of 7 1/2 years of pobation expriense fed and local. We are considered "LE" only under fed statute but some of the training is LE oriented. Firearms, DT, etc. I hope there is a waiver...this is a dream job.

Comment

• LennyXDM
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2011

From time of start of application to offer from CID HQ was approximately 9 months. When my packet was submitted to CID it took about a month to get the acceptance memo from HQ. From start of app to ship date for training will be almost exactly a year. Process was pretty easy and straightforward. I am very excited to start this new career and adventure. "Do what has to be done."
          Originally posted by aspiring_fed
          LennyXDM: Can we get an overview of what the process has been like for you? Like, you know how everyone posts their timelines? Can we see one from you starting with when you first contacted your recruiter and ending with acceptance or whatever the last thing for you has been so far? Thanks again for your info (and to anyone else on here who is chiming in).

I see you around here a lot. Any luck with SSA OIG or any of the other stuff for which you've applied?
          Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

• Nola504
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LennyXDM
            From time of start of application to offer from CID HQ was approximately 9 months. When my packet was submitted to CID it took about a month to get the acceptance memo from HQ. From start of app to ship date for training will be almost exactly a year. Process was pretty easy and straightforward. I am very excited to start this new career and adventure. "Do what has to be done."
            Congrats to you sir. Did you have to contact a recruiter first to get the ball rolling??

Comment

• Nola504
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LennyXDM

And also can you briefly describe the process (i.e. Polygraph, interview, etc) thanks brother

Comment

• aspiring_fed
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2014

Congrats to you sir. Did you have to contact a recruiter first to get the ball rolling??
                Yes, you have to contact a recruiter. I called my local CID office yesterday to ask them if they know anything about the program.

They've never heard of it...

Comment

• derek_scott
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2014

They sure can. CID is highly competitive.... especially for the initial entry guys. Its the dream Army job... you wear civilian clothes everyday. You don't do formations. Most places don't do organized PT. Your local office command are people who have actually done your job not just somebody that went to college and got thrown into a command position. Fact is they can say you cannot put in your packet for anything they want. I do however agree that there are usually plenty of waivers for almost anything.
                  And maybe remind the few, if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stands between the monsters and the weak.

Comment

• derek_scott
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2014

And also can you briefly describe the process (i.e. Polygraph, interview, etc) thanks brother
                    No poly
                    And maybe remind the few, if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stands between the monsters and the weak.

Comment

• Nola504
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2011

Yes, you have to contact a recruiter. I called my local CID office yesterday to ask them if they know anything about the program.

They've never heard of it...
                      That doesn't sound promising for contacting a local recruiter. If they don't know about it, I sure as heck will hunt down whoever I need to. Thanks.

Comment

• aspiring_fed
                        Forum Member
                        • Jun 2014

That doesn't sound promising for contacting a local recruiter. If they don't know about it, I sure as heck will hunt down whoever I need to. Thanks.
                        You need to contact your local Army recruiter. They should know about it. I just contacted my local CID office in addition to see what info they had, and they were the ones who didn't know about the program.

Comment

• Nola504
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2011

You need to contact your local Army recruiter. They should know about it. I just contacted my local CID office in addition to see what info they had, and they were the ones who didn't know about the program.
                          I contacted the recruiter this morning and they said that I am only second person to ask about the program and they do not know a whole bunch about it. I asked about my GPA and he said it is a very specific program and many people wont meet requirements but to come in the office and they can see who they can contact about a GPA waiver. I am going in there next Friday. He said not to get my hopes up....

Comment

• Viking14
                            Forum Member
                            • Nov 2014

I contacted the recruiter this morning and they said that I am only second person to ask about the program and they do not know a whole bunch about it. I asked about my GPA and he said it is a very specific program and many people wont meet requirements but to come in the office and they can see who they can contact about a GPA waiver. I am going in there next Friday. He said not to get my hopes up....
                            Which office was that Nola504? Im in nola as well.

Comment

• Pi, Esq.
                              Esquire
                              • Nov 2014

My friend called a local recruiter and they had no clue what he was talking about, so he asked me to call them (I'm prior service and have a way with words). I called five different recruiters in my area and not a single one knew what the program was or that it existed, and four of them told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that no such program exists. One of the four told me there was a direct-entry officer CID program (though he could not provide any information on that when I told him no such program existed). Only one of the five said they would look into it and get back with me.

I find it very odd that what could be one of their best tools for recruiting top talent is a mystery to the front line (recruiters). I mean, this job seems like it would sell itself. Can you imagine how many more well-qualified people the Army may be able to get into their offices and into service if they were to advertise this program well? If the recruiters are any good, they should be able to "convert" these CID-hopefuls into other Army positions.

Comment

• Nola504
                                Forum Member
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Viking14
                                Which office was that Nola504? Im in nola as well.
                                I am in Arizona brother. What did your recruiters say??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17574 users online. 58 members and 17516 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...