300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Army CID Pilot Program

Is anyone here currently in the process or has anyone here completed the process for the US Army CID Pilot Program?

Aside from the increased qualifications that are required compared to other MOS's, is the process more similar to enlisting (i.e., if you meet the qualifications, you have a good shot at acceptance) or more similar to applying to an 1811 position on the civilian side (i.e., very competitive)? Do most people accepted into the program have prior LEO or military experience, or do fresh-out-of-college people have a good shot at getting accepted?

Any and all information regarding this program is welcome. I've seen a decent amount of info regarding the CID MOS in general, but not a whole lot about this program.

Thanks!
    Last edited by aspiring_fed; 04-21-2015, 02:23 AM.

Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
    Is anyone here currently in the process or has anyone here completed the process for the US Army CID Pilot Program?

Aside from the increased qualifications that are required compared to other MOS's, is the process more similar to enlisting (i.e., if you meet the qualifications, you have a good shot at acceptance) or more similar to applying to an 1811 position on the civilian side (i.e., very competitive)? Do most people accepted into the program have prior LEO or military experience, or do fresh-out-of-college people have a good shot at getting accepted?

Any and all information regarding this program is welcome. I've seen a decent amount of info regarding the CID MOS in general, but not a whole lot about this program.

Thanks!
    Last edited by service4others; 12-13-2016, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by service4others View Post
      So do enlisted CID SA's carry on and off base? Also are they allowed to carry on flights or International like a lot of other FEDLE? Just curious about that.
      Last edited by Usmc1586; 04-22-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
        as a Federal LEO you only can carry on flights if it is in performance of your job
        Incorrect information.

Comment

Originally posted by yea_buddy2 View Post
          Incorrect information.
          If your going to state that then please respond with the correct information.. If you look up tsa flying while armed it is pretty cut and dry as to what the requirements are

Comment

Straight from the TSA site: "The need to have the weapon accessible must be determined by the employing agency, department, or service and be based on one of the following:

Employed as a Federal LEO, whether or not on official travel, and armed in accordance with an agency-wide policy governing that type of travel established by the employing agency by directive or policy statement."

So it seems as though if enlisted SAs with CID are allowed to carry per agency policy, they're allowed to carry legally, right?

Anyway, back on topic...
            Last edited by aspiring_fed; 04-22-2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

There's sensitive information on one of these posts that needs to be redacted ASAP.

Comment

I agree with Denver.

To the original poster.... As long as you meet the qualifications and can obtain a TS SCI your good to go.

To the carrying on flights guy.... again, I don't see why this really matters but just so you know.... Unless you NEED.... and I mean really really NEED to carry on a flight then CID will not let you. There is no reason for SA Joe Shmoe to carry his weapon while he's flying home on leave.
                And maybe remind the few, if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stands between the monsters and the weak.

Comment

Originally posted by derek_scott View Post
                  I agree with Denver.

To the original poster.... As long as you meet the qualifications and can obtain a TS SCI your good to go.

To the carrying on flights guy.... again, I don't see why this really matters but just so you know.... Unless you NEED.... and I mean really really NEED to carry on a flight then CID will not let you. There is no reason for SA Joe Shmoe to carry his weapon while he's flying home on leave.
                  That's good to hear. Thanks for the info.

Comment

So yes, CID can carry under LEOSA, on and off base at all times. As far as flying armed, there is certain information that your agency will provide you that needs to match the info at the airport in order to fly armed. There is a process, you do not get in line with everyone else.
                    Croc

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

Originally posted by denver_bound View Post
                      There's sensitive information on one of these posts that needs to be redacted ASAP.
                      None of that information in sensitive. That information is considered open source.

Comment

OP,

From my limited experience of going through the process as well as talking to Army recruiters and CID enlisted and civilian agents, this program is competitive in a different way than civilian 1811 positions. I got the sense it just really comes down to if CID HQ wants you or not based on your background and work experience. It does not see nearly the volume of applications civilian 1811 jobs get for obvious reasons (enlisted pay, 5 year active contract, etc.), But to answer your question, it is an application process. You will not gain entry into the program simply by meeting the entry level requirements. CID has a small and elite agent corps and they want to recruit and retain highly qualified and capable agents.

I also apologize for not responding to your PM, work has been hectic lately. If you have any further questions please let me know. As you are already aware, I have been accepted into this program.

Thanks!
                        Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

Originally posted by LennyXDM View Post
                          OP,

From my limited experience of going through the process as well as talking to Army recruiters and CID enlisted and civilian agents, this program is competitive in a different way than civilian 1811 positions. I got the sense it just really comes down to if CID HQ wants you or not based on your background and work experience. It does not see nearly the volume of applications civilian 1811 jobs get for obvious reasons (enlisted pay, 5 year active contract, etc.), But to answer your question, it is an application process. You will not gain entry into the program simply by meeting the entry level requirements. CID has a small and elite agent corps and they want to recruit and retain highly qualified and capable agents.

I also apologize for not responding to your PM, work has been hectic lately. If you have any further questions please let me know. As you are already aware, I have been accepted into this program.
                          Thanks for your reply. That's awesome information. I'm actually glad you replied here rather than the PM. Now the info can benefit everyone.

To be blunt, do I, as a 22 year old soon-to-be graduate (B.S.) with some non-sworn experience (school PD job/volunteeing and federal volunteer internship) have any shot at getting accepted?

Also, any tips for the process?

Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks for your reply. That's awesome information. I'm actually glad you replied here rather than the PM. Now the info can benefit everyone.

To be blunt, do I, as a 22 year old soon-to-be graduate (B.S.) with some non-sworn experience (school PD job/volunteeing and federal volunteer internship) have any shot at getting accepted?

Also, any tips for the process?

Thanks again!
                            The process is easy, you provide your packet and wait. Took me two years because of a deployment,takes some a few months. I had to interview with the local SAC but I was already in the Army so not sure how it works as a civilian. With a B.S., you will be ahead of the game education wise. There are plenty of Warrants who do not have a degree. Do your two years and drop your Warrant packet ASAP. Do not wait. Or do your time and go 1811. In my opinion, stay away from PSB. I think it hurts your career. If you can, go to a big office for your first duty station, i.e. Bragg, Hood, Lewis, Bliss, or Campbell. This is where you will get the most experience, (variety of cases). Also, bigger offices have more Agents which means less duty days. Small five man offices, you will be on call for a week at a time. At Bragg I pulled duty on average 3 days a month, one of those was a weekend. Hope this helps. Anymore questions just ask. I was an Agent for 4 years at Bragg and PSB and just got out.
                            Croc

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

Originally posted by yea_buddy2 View Post
                              Incorrect information.
                              Not to pile on but USMC's information is correct. All federal LEO's can carry on flights if possession of a firearm is a job requirement for their agency. There are exceptions to the rule but that is the general TSA policy. State and Local LEO's are under a different set of rules though. They must establish a NEED and they have to obtain written approval before they can fly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9879 users online. 454 members and 9425 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X