300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed. LE to local/state LE

If someone wants to transition to a state or local LE agency, how would they view federal LE experience (non 1811)? Do they view it was actual LE experience or do they just view you as just another applicant? Maybe some of the local cops on here can chime in...Have you ever sat on a hiring board and interviewed a current or former Fed. LE officer? If so, what was your opinion of their experience?

I'm very much considering making the same move. However, it'll be tough giving up my 730-4 M-F gig. Furthermore, at my age im not very excited about attending a paramilitary academy.

Comment

Originally posted by hangman View Post
      If someone wants to transition to a state or local LE agency, how would they view federal LE experience (non 1811)? Do they view it was actual LE experience or do they just view you as just another applicant? Maybe some of the local cops on here can chime in...Have you ever sat on a hiring board and interviewed a current or former Fed. LE officer? If so, what was your opinion of their experience?
      Never seen it not viewed as LE, except on rare instances for DoD 0083.
      ...and is commended as being worthy of trust and confidence

Comment

I went Fed LE (non-1811) to a local/state agency. I think it is pretty agency dependent, but they viewed my experience as "actual" LE experience. It's definitely not a hindrance.

Comment

Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
          I'm very much considering making the same move. However, it'll be tough giving up my 730-4 M-F gig. Furthermore, at my age im not very excited about attending a paramilitary academy.
          You're a USPO right? What makes you want to leave?

Comment

Most large departments will welcome the help. I'm sure you will have to do an academy, which on the local level are not anything like fletc aka college with guns and tactics. It's gonna suck man. All former locals have all been there. The first few weeks are really gonna stink.

Most locals don't accept fletc because of the hours trained I hear. Local is usual 6 months, fletc officer training is like 8-9 weeks tops. Just my opinion. Went from local to federal to federal. 3 academies down. None to go. Good luck with you're. Career.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg0044 View Post
              You're a USPO right? What makes you want to leave?
              Let's. Just say I'm looking for something that focuses on catching the bad guy. As many know we are typically half LE- investigations and half social work. I'd. Be okay with 100 LE. Just my .02 cents..

Comment

Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
                Let's. Just say I'm looking for something that focuses on catching the bad guy. As many know we are typically half LE- investigations and half social work. I'd. Be okay with 100 LE. Just my .02 cents..
                Same boat. Current USPO processing with two fed agencies. Plus, I do a lot of work outside the 40 hour work week. Be nice to be compensated for all the extra hours (LEAP) that we put in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12016 users online. 482 members and 11534 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X