300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Service Special Agent FEB 3rd 2015

Who else out there has applied for this announcement.
    It came and went fast!!

I applied last year but got bumped because I already had an app in with UD.
    Im currently waiting on "the call" from that one.
    Sure wish they could take all that progress and apply it to this posting…

Let's get a running thread with this one so we can keep each other up and current on the turn of events.
    War of attrition

Originally posted by TinM@n View Post
    Who else out there has applied for this announcement.
    It came and went fast!!

I applied last year but got bumped because I already had an app in with UD.
    Im currently waiting on "the call" from that one.
    Sure wish they could take all that progress and apply it to this posting…

Let's get a running thread with this one so we can keep each other up and current on the turn of events.
    I applied, as well. Though, I'm also in the process with UD, so I hope that doesn't cause any issue. I spoke with my local field office the other day and my contact there didn't think it would be a big issue, so hopefully it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
      I applied, as well. Though, I'm also in the process with UD, so I hope that doesn't cause any issue. I spoke with my local field office the other day and my contact there didn't think it would be a big issue, so hopefully it isn't.
      Well, back in APR14 I applied for an SA post but, I already had an app in for the MAR14 UD. I didn't get referred but when my BI-or meet me, she said there is no reason why I should be in UD and tried to get my packet bumped to SA.
      A week later she said it was not going to happen because they needed bodies in UD too badly and if I already applied for UD that was it.

Hopefully, the climate is different now and I could do that. Especially if I could retain the same progress I've made in the UD process.
      I've already done the entire process and Im just waiting on "the call" from UD.
      War of attrition

Comment

Well, back in APR14 I applied for an SA post but, I already had an app in for the MAR14 UD. I didn't get referred but when my BI-or meet me, she said there is no reason why I should be in UD and tried to get my packet bumped to SA.
        A week later she said it was not going to happen because they needed bodies in UD too badly and if I already applied for UD that was it.

Hopefully, the climate is different now and I could do that. Especially if I could retain the same progress I've made in the UD process.
        I've already done the entire process and Im just waiting on "the call" from UD.
        I was told by DC that you had the option if you were going through both. And that one had no effect on the other. But i dont know if that has changed but i did poly for ud and waiting but put in for sa also.

Comment

Yeah but, I've told by the many in the Secret Service that, once in UD, there is no possible way they let you cross to SA because they are alway hurting for bodies.
          At this point it doesn't matter, because I wouldn't start the process all over again, I would just take UD if I couldn't keep the current progress. Bottom line is: daddy needs to get paid!
          So Im going with the fastest money.
          War of attrition

Comment

Yeah but, I've told by the many in the Secret Service that, once in UD, there is no possible way they let you cross to SA because they are alway hurting for bodies.
            At this point it doesn't matter, because I wouldn't start the process all over again, I would just take UD if I couldn't keep the current progress. Bottom line is: daddy needs to get paid!
            So Im going with the fastest money.
            More money SA Fast money UD but i hear u boss I'm the same way.lol

Comment

I put in for it. Definitely not as qualified as the majority, but worth a shot

Comment

They need to get this budget crap resolved already!!!

Comment

This intel was posted by another member on a similar Secret Service thread:

"Another piece of Intel from my super: the SAIC told me that they are under such strict orders to hire that no matter what happens tomorrow with the budget, the processes will continue. I am skeptical of this for a few reasons, but I figured I would post here to spark discussion.
                  Also, he told me that they are looking to hire 250 agents by the end of the calendar year. Which means about 11 classes. Which matches the intel that has been posted here previous."

Anyone here anything yet?
                  War of attrition

Comment

Still nothing to even confirm confirmation of the application for me

Comment

Originally posted by mpgLE252 View Post
                      Still nothing to even confirm confirmation of the application for me
                      You're not missing anything. Be prepared to get your file lost or be incorrectly disqualified or told you failed something you didn't (not even talking about poly). USSS has an utterly JACKED hiring process. Extremely FUBAR even by fed standards. Run, don't walk, away from this hellhole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I applied to the listing but have not heard anything back either. All it says for my application status on USSS is "We are currently reviewing applications". So I do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by 8USC1229 View Post
                          You're not missing anything. Be prepared to get your file lost or be incorrectly disqualified or told you failed something you didn't (not even talking about poly). USSS has an utterly JACKED hiring process. Extremely FUBAR even by fed standards. Run, don't walk, away from this hellhole.

Ain't this the truth. Applied 4 times, once made it through initial screening only to get told my transcripts were "unclear". The final time I was deemed to not meet the lowest criteria. Bachelors, masters degree in IT, 9 years experience. As others have said, expect to have some bs excuse sent your way.

Comment

Originally posted by 8USC1229 View Post

I agree. Last year I had been scheduled for the interview and moved so the office sent my file to the new region. They scheduled me and a week before the interview sent an email stating budget restraints have effected them and they could not interview me so they sent my file back to a different office. I then got an email stating I was not qualified?? WTF I past the post and scheduled for interview then notified not qualified... Just tells ya how messed up that place is. Just my .02

Comment

Guys, federal jobs are a mix of the qualified, the lucky and the lottery…
                              Its hard not to take it personal (believe me, Ive had similar stories from other agencies).

My best advice is to apply for everything, all the time, and let it all wash out in time.
                              HOWEVER, all of this is beyond the scope of this thread.

Guys, just make sure you are studying for the SAEE, Ive heard its easy but, don't give em' any reason to DQ you.
                              Good luck, someone let us know when they get any movement on this.
                              War of attrition

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7750 users online. 352 members and 7398 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X