Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPM needs better training for its background investigators. I have FOIAed copies of my previous BI's and I am not really impressed by the quality of their work. Literally, someone they interview could say you are a terrorist and guess what? The OPM BI will write on their report that you are a terrorist and send that to the agency who requested the BI....lol I know technically the references and developed references they interview are "under oath" but if they "trash and slander" the subject of the BI, OPM does nothing about it. Literally nothing. OPM gets one side of the story not both.
    Last edited by hangman; 08-11-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Hangman- you’ve been around a while. Tell me the process for requesting a FOIA from an Agency I had a BI on I am a current 0083 but have not made it past the referral stage with so many other Agencies. I’d like to se if there is any insight. Thanks

Comment

• Is the NBIB Special Agent basically the same as the OPM Investigator position?

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          NBIB agents are different from your typical OPM Investigator. From my understanding an NBIB agent reports directly to OPM, and OPM investigators are usually contracted.

• Agent Foiliage
          Agent Foiliage commented
          Editing a comment
          They are the same. Very long story short, OPM/FIS became OPM/NBIB. OPM/NBIB has contractors and investigators that work directly for them. OPM/NBIB investigators are called "Special Agents" and they carry a gold badge. The contractors are called "Contract Investigators" and they carry a silver badge. Other than the title and the badge color, the creds are the same and they all have the same function. They are not armed.

• Do NBIB Agents have authority to carry? I keep hearing about the high turnover about this job. Could any Investigators provide some insight?

Comment

• Agent Foiliage
          Agent Foiliage commented
          Editing a comment
          No authority to carry. High turnover mostly for contractors due to metric pressures. Agents that work for OPM/NBIB directly are generally happier. Depends on your work area too.

• To my knowledge neither the NBIB (fed employees) or contract investigators have carry (or arrest ) authority.

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          You are correct. Im going to be 100% honest, there have been areas where I have gone to where I wish I was allowed to carry.

• Applied to an announcement in january, and got referred for all the locations I chose. Does anybody know what the hiring process is like? How long does it take?

Comment

• For previous questions, no OPM/NBIB Background Investigator will ever carry a firearm.

For the hiring process, since you are in high demand and there's a backlog, they expedite the OPM BI's above all to get done quicker so they can have more feet on the ground quicker. I believe most announcements mentions this, but just not as straight forward.

If anyone has any other questions feel free to post them. I got a friend who works for them.

Comment

• LEO 1234
            LEO 1234 commented
            Editing a comment
            Once your equip gets sent to OPM .... What’s the typical wait time for your BI to meet with you ?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11288 users online. 470 members and 10818 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X