300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Agent (Cyber) Dec 2014

I applied to this spot back in December, was curious if anyone else applied or has any insight as to how Phase I testing goes? It is actually tech/job related, or more general like they have on the example test? Kind of neat that they have me coming in for phase I testing for the cyber 1811 spot .

When I was just graduating I was thinking about applying for a job like this. What type of background do you have? I met a few guys from the FBI who worked in their Cyber Crimes Division. They definitely new their stuff, but were also very awesome people as well!. They're you're typical techies!

Keep us updated on how it goes!

I.G.

Comment

Originally posted by ItalyGuy View Post
      When I was just graduating I was thinking about applying for a job like this. What type of background do you have? I met a few guys from the FBI who worked in their Cyber Crimes Division. They definitely new their stuff, but were also very awesome people as well!. They're you're typical techies!

Keep us updated on how it goes!

I.G.
      I have about 5 years experience as a network administrator and 3 as systems engineer,and got my bachelors of applied science from the U of MN here in Minnesota.... honestly, not a whole lot. I FEEL under qualified, but i'll bust my butt to try and get in .

Any idea what kind of work they actually do? It seems like most of the testing is your general 1811 stuff, nothing actually technical.

Comment

Originally posted by vivithemage View Post
        Any idea what kind of work they actually do? It seems like most of the testing is your general 1811 stuff, nothing actually technical.
        I currently work for a Fed agency in the cyber field and regularly work with FBI cyber agents. For the most part, they deal a lot of forensic and intrusion incidents. For the most part, it's quite interesting. Popular tools cyber agents typically use are Encase and FTK in regards to forensics. They also concentrate a lot on network intrusions. Examples being Sony hack, Target, the new Anthem intrusion in the past few days.

Not entirely sure about the testing and what the interview would be like. GL

Comment

Thanks Choco, I am looking forward to it!

Comment

Does anyone know if any entry level guys would be able to get in? Working on my master's in cyber security from GWU, working on getting security+ certified too...got a job with another federal agency already doing investigations, but really trying to get into cyber. Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Inca0811 View Post
              Does anyone know if any entry level guys would be able to get in? Working on my master's in cyber security from GWU, working on getting security+ certified too...got a job with another federal agency already doing investigations, but really trying to get into cyber. Any tips?
              Curious, what job do you have now, what agency? Do you like it, outside of it not being cyber?

Comment

That came off wrong, sorry, (I'm on my cellphone and typing fast) I meant to say that I have a job as in just yesterday I was given the job offer for investigations with the Diplomatic Security Bureau for the State Dept. I'm not doing anything yet, haven't even gone through training yet. But I do want to know what it is that I need to start focusing on to end up in cyber.

Comment

Hence, why I also said entry level 😊

Comment

Originally posted by Inca0811 View Post
                    That came off wrong, sorry, (I'm on my cellphone and typing fast) I meant to say that I have a job as in just yesterday I was given the job offer for investigations with the Diplomatic Security Bureau for the State Dept. I'm not doing anything yet, haven't even gone through training yet. But I do want to know what it is that I need to start focusing on to end up in cyber.
                    ahhhhhh, i'd go ahead and enjoy that for a few years, especially if you have no experience. From what I can tell in their literature they require experience:

Only applicants who possess 2-3 years of technical work experiences (based on requirements) in the FBI preferred areas will be eligible to apply to the Special Agent(Cyber)

https://www.fbijobs.gov/CyberCareers/index.html

Special Agent Minimum Requirements:

Must be between the ages of 23 and 36 1/2
                    Must have a bachelor's degree from a U.S accredited college/university
                    Must have three (3) years of full-time work experience in one or more of the area(s) listed below**
                    Must be available for assignment anywhere in the FBI's jurisdiction
                    Must be in excellent physical condition with the ability to pass a rigorous physical fitness test
                    Must meet all other requirements for the Special Agent position

Comment

I don't qualify for this announcement whatsover, but I am wondering if someone with a degree in basket weaving, but has a bunch of IT certificates without any experience would be able to qualify? I know that they prefer experience but I also found this tidbit:

*Note: Applicants with non-technical degrees (liberal arts, etc.) are eligible to apply for the Special Agent (Cyber) posting. However, applicants must demonstrate technical work experience and/or certifications to move forward in the process.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/389056300

Comment

Yeah, that was the announcement I applied for .. I am surprised how fast they reached out to start Phase I I guess. I saw that note too, doesn't hurt to apply and see what happens.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I applied for this announcement in January. Just got my Phase I invitation.
                          NYPD Exam #4329
                          TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4657 users online. 257 members and 4400 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X