Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Student, Another Question

Hello

I've been following this site for awhile now, and I've tried to read as much as I can, as well as ask officers I have access to. However I wanted to join this website to gain further knowledge and outlooks, so thank you for anything you provide.

I'm currently a college student, and I will graduate in May of 2016. I get good grades, I don't have any law issues except for a speeding ticket a couple years ago. I work out very regularly and can exceed or pass most physical requirements that I see on LEO job requirements. I do my best to pay bills, as a college student it's hard but I've had employment with a company for seven straight years, so hopefully that will look decent enough on my resume. I'm a little older than the average college student so I feel I'm more experienced and mature than the normal college student may be.

My question to you all is what else should I be doing now, to prepare myself for employment as a LEO with my goal to be a Connecticut State Police Officer (hopefully!) within 6 months of graduating?

I know a lot of this has been covered in other parts of the forum, and I did my best to read them. Thank you for your time.

Well, according to the CSP website, they do not test regularly, and the hiring process takes up to two years, so I suggest you come back down to earth and make another plan.

Comment

Stay out of trouble.

Comment

Become a local cop in CT while you're waiting for the CSP.
        They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Thank you all. Hey GoldBadge, is that something that commonly happens? I thought about that before but didn't know if that was something that a lot people have done, or if it makes it generally easier or more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by nwblair7 View Post
            Thank you all. Hey GoldBadge, is that something that commonly happens? I thought about that before but didn't know if that was something that a lot people have done, or if it makes it generally easier or more difficult.
            It is common and can only help you by giving you police experience, which is desirable for any LE agency.
            They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

That makes sense. I'll add that to options/pathways to my goals. Thank you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8733 users online. 352 members and 8381 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X