300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
    I wonder if that means those of us that didn't get the email are out. If so, that sucks.
    Doubtful Pi,

If they only wanted people that could speak a foreign language they could have saved a lot of time and energy by saying that up front. By I guess ya never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking14 View Post
      Doubtful Pi,

If they only wanted people that could speak a foreign language they could have saved a lot of time and energy by saying that up front. By I guess ya never know.
      What I meant was that if they are already going to begin testing for people that applied, why wouldn't they do it for everyone? That is, if they've already chosen people to do language testing, presumably they would have also chosen everyone they were interested in that didn't need language testing.

Comment

What I meant was that if they are already going to begin testing for people that applied, why wouldn't they do it for everyone? That is, if they've already chosen people to do language testing, presumably they would have also chosen everyone they were interested in that didn't need language testing.
        Very true. But there is no telling. There may be a very small percentage that said they are fluent and AFOSI knows that means that an even smaller number actually is and the rest know how to say "Donde esta el bano" and will not pass the test. Does AFOSI do a written test initially?

Comment

Very true. But there is no telling. There may be a very small percentage that said they are fluent and AFOSI knows that means that an even smaller number actually is and the rest know how to say "Donde esta el bano" and will not pass the test. Does AFOSI do a written test initially?
          Based on the email we initially received from AFOSI (back in Feb?), after they review the resumes, the first step will be an in-person interview. It didn't say anything about testing, but that doesn't mean they don't test.

Comment

Based on the email we initially received from AFOSI (back in Feb?), after they review the resumes, the first step will be an in-person interview. It didn't say anything about testing, but that doesn't mean they don't test.
            Well I am going to do about all we can......Cross those fingas!!!

Comment

I went through the process on the most recent PAQ announcement. I claimed Spanish speaking ability. Therefore, they set me up for language testing. The language testing was a few weeks before the emails came out with their selections for interviews. If you didn't claim to speak a foreign language I wouldn't worry about it. I didn't get the foreign language testing email for this announcement, but they already have my score from last time.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBulls View Post
                I went through the process on the most recent PAQ announcement. I claimed Spanish speaking ability. Therefore, they set me up for language testing. The language testing was a few weeks before the emails came out with their selections for interviews. If you didn't claim to speak a foreign language I wouldn't worry about it. I didn't get the foreign language testing email for this announcement, but they already have my score from last time.
                Maybe it is just me that is out, then, as I did claim a foreign language ability and I'm sans email. Damn flyboys always did hate us Marines.

Comment

Just got the thanks but no thanks email. Good luck all.

Comment

Just got the thanks but no thanks email. Good luck all.
                    +1. I'm blaming this one on their discriminatory hiring practices... they are afraid of Marines.

Comment

• Got the same e-mail

Comment

• Got the thanks but no thanks email. Best of luck to everyone that makes it through.

Comment

• Yep. Same email here. Didn't get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Rejected, and likely just failed my language test for DSS. Not the best of days.

Comment

• Haven't heard anything yet but not holding out hope since you guys didn't get referred and I am just a lowly scientist

Comment

• No go for me....second time applying. Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8416 users online. 461 members and 7955 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X