Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viking14
    replied
    Just got the thanks but no thanks email. Good luck all.

Leave a comment:

• Pi, Esq.
    replied
    Originally posted by DaBulls View Post
    I went through the process on the most recent PAQ announcement. I claimed Spanish speaking ability. Therefore, they set me up for language testing. The language testing was a few weeks before the emails came out with their selections for interviews. If you didn't claim to speak a foreign language I wouldn't worry about it. I didn't get the foreign language testing email for this announcement, but they already have my score from last time.
    Maybe it is just me that is out, then, as I did claim a foreign language ability and I'm sans email. Damn flyboys always did hate us Marines.

Leave a comment:

• DaBulls
    replied
    I went through the process on the most recent PAQ announcement. I claimed Spanish speaking ability. Therefore, they set me up for language testing. The language testing was a few weeks before the emails came out with their selections for interviews. If you didn't claim to speak a foreign language I wouldn't worry about it. I didn't get the foreign language testing email for this announcement, but they already have my score from last time.

Leave a comment:

• Viking14
    replied
    Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
    Based on the email we initially received from AFOSI (back in Feb?), after they review the resumes, the first step will be an in-person interview. It didn't say anything about testing, but that doesn't mean they don't test.
    Well I am going to do about all we can......Cross those fingas!!!

Leave a comment:

• Pi, Esq.
    replied
    Originally posted by Viking14 View Post
    Very true. But there is no telling. There may be a very small percentage that said they are fluent and AFOSI knows that means that an even smaller number actually is and the rest know how to say "Donde esta el bano" and will not pass the test. Does AFOSI do a written test initially?
    Based on the email we initially received from AFOSI (back in Feb?), after they review the resumes, the first step will be an in-person interview. It didn't say anything about testing, but that doesn't mean they don't test.

Leave a comment:

• Viking14
    replied
    What I meant was that if they are already going to begin testing for people that applied, why wouldn't they do it for everyone? That is, if they've already chosen people to do language testing, presumably they would have also chosen everyone they were interested in that didn't need language testing.
    Very true. But there is no telling. There may be a very small percentage that said they are fluent and AFOSI knows that means that an even smaller number actually is and the rest know how to say "Donde esta el bano" and will not pass the test. Does AFOSI do a written test initially?

Leave a comment:

• Pi, Esq.
    replied
    Originally posted by Viking14 View Post
    Doubtful Pi,

If they only wanted people that could speak a foreign language they could have saved a lot of time and energy by saying that up front. By I guess ya never know.
    What I meant was that if they are already going to begin testing for people that applied, why wouldn't they do it for everyone? That is, if they've already chosen people to do language testing, presumably they would have also chosen everyone they were interested in that didn't need language testing.

Leave a comment:

• Viking14
    replied
    I wonder if that means those of us that didn't get the email are out. If so, that sucks.
    Doubtful Pi,

If they only wanted people that could speak a foreign language they could have saved a lot of time and energy by saying that up front. By I guess ya never know.

Leave a comment:

• Pi, Esq.
    replied
    Originally posted by TopNach View Post
    Anyone get the email regarding foreign language testing.
    I wonder if that means those of us that didn't get the email are out. If so, that sucks.

Leave a comment:

• TopNach
    replied
    Originally posted by scottlacey2014 View Post
    Nope. What did it say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Testing will commence in the coming weeks.

Leave a comment:

• scottlacey2014
    replied
    Nope. What did it say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TopNach
    replied
    Anyone get the email regarding foreign language testing.

Leave a comment:

• echoshot3
    replied
    Haha same with me, good to know there is movement though

Leave a comment:

• Pi, Esq.
    replied
    I just got that email and my heart dropped. Then, I opened with my nerves going crazy... big let down. No news.

Leave a comment:

• Viking14
    replied
    Originally posted by Toughterp View Post
    Nothing. I think they said we'd hear in April
    From the horse's mouth....they are shooting for April, but it will be the end of April.

Go away march!!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3993 users online. 265 members and 3728 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X