Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 AFOSI Developmental Job Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    You've got LEO experience, I've got 10-point preference. Two will enter, only one will leave. Welcome to the Thunderdome.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
      You've got LEO experience, I've got 10-point preference. Two will enter, only one will leave. Welcome to the Thunderdome.
      Well that's it........I hope they don't push mine aside when they see zero preference claimed

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
        Well that's it........I hope they don't push mine aside when they see zero preference claimed
        Anyone get a confirmation email that your email was received? I always worry when I send an email and never hear anything until it's time for the interview.
        The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
          Anyone get a confirmation email that your email was received? I always worry when I send an email and never hear anything until it's time for the interview.
          I was hoping to get one as well, but my belief is that he will probably get so many emails that he won't send out confirmations.

          Comment


          • #35
            Any idea what the timeline is, if any?

            Going to throw my hat in the ring. As for the resume formatting, how strict are they on the formatting?
            The formatting makes it seem that you just list things back to back with commas.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
              Anyone get a confirmation email that your email was received? I always worry when I send an email and never hear anything until it's time for the interview.
              I realized I had yet to receive a confirmation email, so I decided to give a call over just to be safe (I attached some pretty large PDF's and I'm always afraid they will get lost in space). Also, got some GREAT intel on what is going on:

              1. Do not expect a confirmation email. Too many applicants and too little time, as Det_sje expected.

              2. Vet preference does apply and the rating of applicants will follow standard vet preference rating requirements.

              3. Ratings will be determined around March/April. Once ratings have been determined, about 40 people who are in the highest qualified group will be offered interviews, while the thousands of others will be emailed a "sorry, better luck next time."

              4. Approximately 25 of the 40 people selected for an interview will be offered a COE. The lucky 25 (and unlucky 15) will likely be notified by early summer.

              5. Once you accept the COE, all the fun stuff starts (BI/poly/Med/Drug test). Once all has been completed and approved, you go into the pool.

              6. Once in the pool, you can be selected at any time. You will first report to you duty location about a month prior to FLETC to get all the administrative stuff squared away.

              7. Go to FLETC and enjoy your career.

              Of note: While approximately 25 people will be given a COE, they only expect to fill 12 spots from this vacancy. Additionally, he said the first people given a final duty station will likely not report until late September/early October (and even that may be optimistic).
              Last edited by Pi, Esq.; 01-14-2015, 02:24 PM.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
                I realized I had yet to receive a confirmation email, so I decided to give a call over just to be safe (I attached some pretty large PDF's and I'm always afraid they will get lost in space). Also, got some GREAT intel on what is going on:

                1. Do not expect a confirmation email. Too many applicants and too little time, as Det_sje expected.

                2. Vet preference does apply and the rating of applicants will follow standard vet preference rating requirements.

                3. Ratings will be determined around March/April. Once ratings have been determined, about 40 people who are in the highest qualified group will be offered interviews, while the thousands of others will be emailed a "sorry, better luck next time."

                4. Approximately 25 of the 40 people selected for an interview will be offered a COE. The lucky 25 (and unlucky 15) will likely be notified by early summer.

                5. Once you accept the COE, all the fun stuff starts (BI/poly/Med/Drug test). Once all has been completed and approved, you go into the pool.

                6. Once in the pool, you can be selected at any time. You will first report to you duty location about a month prior to FLETC to get all the administrative stuff squared away.

                7. Go to FLETC and enjoy your career.

                Of note: While approximately 25 people will be given a COE, they only expect to fill 12 spots from this vacancy. Additionally, he said the first people given a final duty station will likely not report until late September/early October (and even that may be optimistic).
                Good job on obtaining this intel..........I'm not putting a lot of faith into this, the way I see it is if 40-50 10pt vets, with degrees apply, then they will likely get it.

                I like to think positive, but I'm also like to live in reality as well.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                  Good job on obtaining this intel..........I'm not putting a lot of faith into this, the way I see it is if 40-50 10pt vets, with degrees apply, then they will likely get it.

                  I like to think positive, but I'm also like to live in reality as well.
                  For my sake, I hope the above is correct (10-point vet, B.S. in high demand field, J.D. from top law school [Harvard/Yale/Stanford]). However, from my discussion, it seems like they are much more concerned with finding the right people than hiring people simply because of vet status. It is a fact that the initial rating will involve vet preference. However, who knows how big the pool from which they will draw upon for the 40 interviews. It could contain 80 people or 400 people. At that stage (when they determine who to interview), they can use whatever subjective criteria they want for determining who is most qualified.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I wonder how this compares to PAQ. Same point of contact fellow and essentially the same materials.
                    I know that it has been mentioned that it is different, but from an outside looking in perspective, it seems relatively similar. HMMMMMMMMMMM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      anyone else having trouble accessing the website?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        What is the morale like at OSI? Are agents generally happy?

                        How does the assignment policy work? When will you know where you will be assigned? Do you get a say in where you would like to go or is it entirely based on needs of the service?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Submitted! Woo!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I just submitted my application package for this announcement. Hopefully I get hired by this one or the PAQ announcement. We shall see!!!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              AFOSI Civ agents get different assignments than their active duty counterparts. Civ agents can work abroad in embassies which are known as Force Protection Detachments, and also we are able to work on the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Forces. They have taken most of the protection details away from civilian agents because AFOSI didn't want to pay overtime. That's rumor or I believe they did say it. Lol.... Either way, it is a different agency. OSI is a very conservative agency, very little to any running and gunning. Good luck, let me know if you have any questions.
                              "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

                              Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
                              German Generalfieldmarshall

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Just got an email from the AFOSI, it give the details of the hiring process and such. Also states that the first applicants will be hired by fall of 2015!!!!

                                Good Luck to all!!!!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9203 users online. 313 members and 8890 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X