Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applied 1/5 and received an email earlier today asking me to fill out my Personal History Statement.

Beware: Their website is experiencing technical difficulties and is not working at this time. They are aware of the issue and are working to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
      Applied 1/5 and received an email earlier today asking me to fill out my Personal History Statement.

Beware: Their website is experiencing technical difficulties and is not working at this time. They are aware of the issue and are working to fix it.
      I too got the above-mentioned email. Thanks for the heads up about the website.

Comment

I dont see the announcement up on USAJOBS? Could it be that the vacancy is closed or are they still having technical difficulty?

Comment

Originally posted by jayd1987 View Post
          I dont see the announcement up on USAJOBS? Could it be that the vacancy is closed or are they still having technical difficulty?
          Announcement closed 1/11.

Comment

I got referred and got an email to do the PHS too!
            Im waiting on "the call from another agency, I wish they would hurry up so I could stop all this madness.
            War of attrition

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              I got referred and got an email to do the PHS too!
              Im waiting on "the call from another agency, I wish they would hurry up so I could stop all this madness.
              Is the PHS working for you? I'm still getting an error. I think I'm going to have to call my investigator again tomorrow and see if she can reset my info.

Comment

I was sent a new link today for PHS, and it worked. However, I logged out to go to the gym, and when I came back to log-in to finish the PHS, it no longer works.

I really hope this system is not a reflection on how organized (or disorganized) they are.

Comment

Update: I was finally able to get back into POBITS... but, once in the system, it won't updated anything because I get an error the website is down.

On a side note, does anyone know if high school transcripts are really required? High school was over 15 years ago and I have a BS and a JD for which I can provide transcripts.

Comment

Update: I was finally able to get back into POBITS... but, once in the system, it won't updated anything because I get an error the website is down.

On a side note, does anyone know if high school transcripts are really required? High school was over 15 years ago and I have a BS and a JD for which I can provide transcripts.
                    I've done background investigations for the feds before, and yeah, they actually did need my HS transcripts, as well as all of my college ones (i.e., if I took a single class at a community college, I needed to send my transcripts from that college). Though, I'm not even out of school yet (almost done with undergrad), so it's not as extreme as, "I finished over 15 years ago." I don't think you'll be getting out of it, though. You can always call and ask!

Backgrounds are a pain. They really are. It's interesting that they're doing this so early in the process. Usually, applicants are at least comforted with a COE prior to going through any sort of PHS/SF-86 or background process.

Comment

Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
                      I've done background investigations for the feds before, and yeah, they actually did need my HS transcripts, as well as all of my college ones (i.e., if I took a single class at a community college, I needed to send my transcripts from that college). Though, I'm not even out of school yet (almost done with undergrad), so it's not as extreme as, "I finished over 15 years ago." I don't think you'll be getting out of it, though. You can always call and ask!

Backgrounds are a pain. They really are. It's interesting that they're doing this so early in the process. Usually, applicants are at least comforted with a COE prior to going through any sort of PHS/SF-86 or background process.
                      I just don't get the point of requiring HS transcripts from someone with a college degree, let alone a doctoral degree. I get asking for HS transcripts if that is all that you have, but if you've completed a degree, shouldn't that the probative document/transcript to look at? It's jumping through hoops for the purpose of jumping through hoops.... Oh, wait... this is the government... that makes perfect sense.

Comment

I just don't get the point of requiring HS transcripts from someone with a college degree, let alone a doctoral degree. I get asking for HS transcripts if that is all that you have, but if you've completed a degree, shouldn't that the probative document/transcript to look at? It's jumping through hoops for the purpose of jumping through hoops.... Oh, wait... this is the government... that makes perfect sense.
                        Judging by your profile picture/avatar... you should know better than to ask questions! Haha!
                        "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

Is it just me, or is the PHS much more detailed than the SF-86? For instance, PHS requires neighbors at all addresses for the past 10 years, versus the SF-86 only requiring 3 years for the same info.

Comment

Just finished the dreaded PHS.... sort of. I wonder if I can send them transcripts myself, since I have the official hard copies and PDF copies

Comment

Originally posted by thaiboxing87 View Post
                              Just finished the dreaded PHS.... sort of. I wonder if I can send them transcripts myself, since I have the official hard copies and PDF copies
                              Save those until they ask. When the background investigator from USIS comes to see you, they will ask for your official copies.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxevader View Post
                                USIS
                                FYI.... USIS got fired from doing ALL background checks on US Gov employees and potential employees due to their system being hacked by the Russians....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5274 users online. 319 members and 4955 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X