300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssa oig gl-1811-5/7

Anyone put in for the recent posting? I wonder what type of applicants they're going to pick for the lower grades.

Good luck to anyone who applied!

EDIT: Not sure why it's not capitalizing the title correctly. Happened on another forum too. It was capitalized correctly in the preview. Oh well...
    Last edited by aspiring_fed; 01-06-2015, 03:10 AM.

If you are talking about the vacancies for Livonia, MI, I hope they pick me. Their office is only a few miles from where I live and I would love not having to move for an 1811 gig. :-)

Comment

I applied to the 5/7 and the 9 announcement. Closed in one day, hopefully keeps the applicant # down.

Comment

I applied to the 5/7 job as well. I was suprised to see that the posting closed in one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone-2 View Post
          I applied to the 5/7 and the 9 announcement. Closed in one day, hopefully keeps the applicant # down.
          The vacancies were only open for 5 days or 300 applicants. It would actually be better to have it open for 5 days, because that would likely mean less than 300 applicants. So, them being closed means they received 600 applications. However, this may not mean 600 people, as both you and I applied twice (5/7 and 9).

Comment

There's probably a ton of current 1811's willing to take a paycut for this position but the fact that they opened it up for 5's leaves hope that they're looking for entry level candidates. That office can't need more than a couple applicants though. Does anyone know if the position is part of the competitive or exceptive service?
            Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
              There's probably a ton of current 1811's willing to take a paycut for this position but the fact that they opened it up for 5's leaves hope that they're looking for entry level candidates. That office can't need more than a couple applicants though. Does anyone know if the position is part of the competitive or exceptive service?
              According to the vacancies, there are only looking for one person. Additionally, my guess is that it is a competitive service job because the vacancy doesn't say anything about being excepted service, and usually, if not always, the vacancy will say it is excepted.

Comment

Last edited by NothingFancy; 01-15-2015, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFancy View Post
                  I put in for a GL-7 in Lexington in early November and they called a few weeks ago to talk about scheduling an invterview. I also put in for the more recent Michigan ones.
                  Good luck with the Lexington interview. I put in for the same position, but have not heard anything other than "referred."

Comment

I put in for a GL-7 in Lexington in early November and they called a few weeks ago to talk about scheduling an invterview. I also put in for the more recent Michigan ones.
                    Mind sharing your professional/educational background?
                    Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Thanks, I don't have it scheduled yet. They just gave me the option to fly there, do it by phone or do it at one of the offices near me via VTC. I elected not to fly.
                      Last edited by NothingFancy; 04-11-2015, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I don't have it scheduled yet. They just gave me the option to fly there, do it by phone or do it at one of the offices near me via VTC. I elected not to fly.

OIGs can be a different beast. I have one offer me the job on the phone interview, but wanted me to start in two weeks. When I said that wasn't possible I was completely dropped from the process.

EDIT for 3531Marine: MS degree, cyber crimes, current 1801, vet
                        I'll be completely honest... if I were offered an OIG job from the phone interview that wanted me to start in two weeks (I have no worries about passing a background, but since I don't have an active clearance, it would be hard to imagine being offered to start in two weeks), I would take it in a heartbeat. The law firm I work for has offices all over the US and they've asked me to take a Bar exam for another state, so I'm currently studying for a state Bar exam... if I could find a way out of this, it would be amazing. On the other hand, I'm getting paid an obscene amount of money to do nothing but study for the next two months, from the comfort of my home office, in my boxers, while drinking whatever I find most thirst-quenching.

Comment

Oh agreed clearances can be a long painful process.
                          Last edited by NothingFancy; 04-11-2015, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Oh agreed clearances can be a long painful process even for those of us who hold current ones. EOD, BI and a read-on for a clearance are very different though. He didn't mention if their office was some kind of SCIF though I doubt it and there were additional details that made the switch administratively easy.

You definitely got me jealous with the sitting at home studying though. My commute today was 3 hours due to awesome DC drivers and our first snow.
                            I'll trade your commute if you take the CA Bar for me. It will be two, 8-hour days of writing essays on obscure California laws. You must pass, though. Otherwise, no deal.

Comment

Don't get your hopes up unless of course you are a 10 point disabled vet. Every single entry level 1811 announcement has literally thousands of applicants after even only 1 day. Right now the jobs are too competitive, and the fact that you have to compete against a ton of vets on this kind of announcement pretty much means that if you are a non-vet, your chances are ZERO.
                              Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10885 users online. 394 members and 10491 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X