300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civpol police mentor

Hello everyone! Ive searched the threads on here and all the info ive been able to find is quite dated, so forgive me if this seems redundant. Im looking for info from officers who are currently or have recently served overseas as a police advisor. Im looking into different companies and want some current first hand experiences in regards to hiring process, ballpark salary, leave, and daily work routine.

A little background on myself, ive been in LE for six years, spent time in K9 and am currently assigned to narcotics. I have my FTO and state instructors license, and a bunch of other cracker jack credentials that only those outside of law enforcement would find impressive. Before that i did some time in the Army and a stint in iraq a while ago. That being said my options for contract employment are limited by my experience.

I just found out the wife is pregnant, so id like to spend a few years across the pond to pad our bank account and make life a bit easier. Ill be able to come back into LE when im done overseas so im lucky enough to have that base covered.

Thanks in advance for any info you guys/gals can provide! Stay safe!

-Dan

Your LE experience is a bit short.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

6 years is still relatively new to LE, but i meet the requirements so im ok with that. Do you have any experiences in the police advisor sector you could share?

Comment

Just that it takes a lot of experience to be able to mentor another country's police forces...

Comment

State department mandated experience is five years, so that part is covered. Thanks for your reply!

Comment

That's the MINIMUM.
            What do you know of working with foriegn Officers?
            What are your thoughts about US LE vs their LE?
            How do you deal with problems?
            How much have you traveled/lived OCONUS?
            How do you teach a concept that is alien to them?
            Etc...

Comment

Yes... thats the minimum, which i have. I spent 18 months in iraq, explained in my credentials above (where we were tasked with training the 2nd MRT of the iraqi army.)

I understand you feel six years is insufficient experience for the position, but the state department and UN have a differing opinion, and i didnt create this post to debate that. Again, thank you for your input and if you have any experiences to share i would like to hear about them. Stay safe!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12258 users online. 548 members and 11710 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X