Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Department of Commerce, Office of Security (OSY) Investigations and Threat Management

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by globalt View Post

This is like the same story I had a few years back with them. I Applied for DC and got a surprise phone interview by a regular SA whose name I cant remember. The only details I remember were that he was out of Alexandria VA, they wanted to hire lightning fast, the interviews were the following week, they wanted a writing sample, and the agent had some sort of Jewish last name. I sent over the writing sample and some follow up emails and nothing. The guy wasnt even professional enough to respond to any of them and no interview.
    Had a similar experience a few years ago. I remember the name but won't post it here. Phone call out of the blue. Phone interview. Request for writing sample and asked if I'd be willing to come to DC for an interview. I was fine with heading to DC, but they wanted me to pay for the flight and it was within a week. I declined.

Very interesting outfit, though I have serious questions as to how many cases they actually work as they'd be bumping directly up to the FBI FCI shops on pretty much anything of interest. I'd still consider it for one of the offices west of the Mississippi.

Comment

Bumping this back up for the current posting. Anyone ever gotten anywhere with this outfit?

Comment

Originally posted by izamsilas View Post
        Bumping this back up for the current posting. Anyone ever gotten anywhere with this outfit?
        Dude! I have applied and been reffered to the last 5 annoucements. Applied to this one too. I am a 1811 that works for an agency that keeps me overseas and makes me move every 2-3 years. Have not heard a peak from any of the other referrals for this position. The only thing I'm missing is Master's Degree.

Oh Yeah, almost forgot that I called once (Actually Got Through) and was told my name was in their register, but other than that nothing!

Comment

• izamsilas
          izamsilas commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m pretty much right there with turns applied. I use to be able to get the guy I interviewed with to answer my emails but no dice now. He was even on a TF I was on, in another area, and wouldn’t answer me there either. Kind of glad to hear that maybe it’s not just me

Anyone heard a peep out of these folks from this recent round?

Comment

Originally posted by izamsilas View Post
          Anyone heard a peep out of these folks from this recent round?
          Hey my Hypothesis is that these positions are already spoken for/hand picked, and they are just advertising on USAJOBS to comply with the law and make things seem legit. Just my two cents though.

Comment

• izamsilas
            izamsilas commented
            Editing a comment
            I suppose that could be but I’m not sure how often that happens with postings like this. Seems like it would be easier to fly the position a different way for that.

Well I got referred for at least one of them. We’ll see if that at least gets me an interview this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by signalfreq View Post

Hey my Hypothesis is that these positions are already spoken for/hand picked, and they are just advertising on USAJOBS to comply with the law and make things seem legit. Just my two cents though.
            Doubt it, they could easily obtain schedule B authority if they wanted to do that. Besides, people always say that about these sort of announcements and especially the '1 vacancy' announcements, but I know first hand that those 1 vacancy announcements can end up in a job as a random applicant.
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• izamsilas
              izamsilas commented
              Editing a comment
              My thoughts exactly

Last edited by ItsMeAgainhere; 07-12-2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Good luck to those who had them if they're on here!

Huh, interviews for which announcement?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10083 users online. 464 members and 9619 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X