Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Department of Commerce, Office of Security (OSY) Investigations and Threat Management

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Department of Commerce, Office of Security (OSY) Investigations and Threat Management

Anyone have any insight on this position? I never heard if this specific office and was wondering about it.
    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/389773500

Resurrecting this thread...been looking at the current OSY Investigations and Threat Management vacancies. Am a current agent from another agency (DSS) looking to transfer and feel this is a good fit.

Are there any current OSY ITMD 1811s here that can provide insight into this job? Would like to know how morale is. Work/life balance? How is the autonomy?

Current job has me relocating often and would like to settle down in a slower pace 1811 type of gig with flexible hours and reasonable senior management.
    Last edited by Vinny96SR5; 09-26-2017, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Anyone else get referred?

Comment

I was referred but haven't heard anything else.

Comment

Reached out to the poc from the announcement but no reply. Anyone hear anything?

Comment

I have a co-worker who applied and had an interview last week. Looks like they want to move fast on filling slots, but I have no real inside knowledge.

Comment

Squid... was it a telephonic interview or structured panel interview?

Comment

He had a telephonic interview, then a panel interview a few days later in D.C.

Comment

Ok thanks. Is he in the local commuting area? I had a telephonic interview but not the panel.

Comment

Complete radio silence since the referral here.
                    USSS-SA
                    Applied: 06/2013 (Not Referred), 01/2014 (Not Referred), 05/2014
                    Referred: 06/2014
                    Test Date: 07/13/2014
                    SAEE Passed: 07/13/2014
                    APAT: Passed w/ UD
                    SPI: 08/24/2014 (Passed)
                    COE: (GL-09) 08/24/2014
                    SI: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    POLY: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    BI: 3/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    HI: 3/2014 & 11/2014
                    MEDICAL: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    THE CALL: 12/11/2014

Comment

Originally posted by Vinny96SR5 View Post
                      Resurrecting this thread...been looking at the current OSY Investigations and Threat Management vacancies. Am a current agent from another agency (DSS) looking to transfer and feel this is a good fit.

Are there any current OSY ITMD 1811s here that can provide insight into this job? Would like to know how morale is. Work/life balance? How is the autonomy?

Current job has me relocating often and would like to settle down in a slower pace 1811 type of gig with flexible hours and reasonable senior management.
                      I applied and got a referral notice. Not a word since. I bet they are tired of looking at all of the DSS applicants

Comment

Haha, on that note- just been referred

Comment

I'll share my experience: I was referred really early, around late September, and received a call early October for a telephonic interview. He opened it up for questions and he responded to me by saying that they are filling spots really fast (my guess is due to budget). They were conducting panel interviews in D.C. the following week (2nd week of October but as I type this, I was not invited to a panel interview) and extending offers the week afterwards (3rd week of October). Now that we are pretty much in first week of November I'm guessing I was passed over and they are moving on to the next wave of applicants. I know more than a few people in the Federal LEO community who also received initial telephonic interview calls but no panel interviews and they all have various different backgrounds.

As for me:
                          13 years total LEO experience (from military to local to federal)
                          30 % CPS Veteran
                          Current 1811 Fed Leo (not USSS nor DSS lol)
                          BS Business Administration
                          MS Human Relations
                          Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
                          Intelligence Investigator Certification
                          Firearms Instructor
                          Distinguished Expert Shooting Award (FLETC)
                          Top Secret-SCI
                          Last edited by dru128_2001; 10-30-2017, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dru128_2001 View Post
                            I'll share my experience: I was referred really early, around late September, and received a call early October for a telephonic interview. He opened it up for questions and he responded to me by saying that they are filling spots really fast (my guess is due to budget). They were conducting panel interviews in D.C. the following week (2nd week of October but as I type this, I was not invited to a panel interview) and extending offers the week afterwards (3rd week of October). Now that we are pretty much in first week of November I'm guessing I was passed over and they are moving on to the next wave of applicants. I know more than a few people in the Federal LEO community who also received initial telephonic interview calls but no panel interviews and they all have various different backgrounds.

As for me:
                            13 years total LEO experience (from military to local to federal)
                            30 % CPS Veteran
                            Current 1811 Fed Leo (not USSS nor DSS lol)
                            BS Business Administration
                            MS Human Relations
                            Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
                            Intelligence Investigator Certification
                            Firearms Instructor
                            Distinguished Expert Shooting Award (FLETC)
                            Top Secret-SCI
                            This is like the same story I had a few years back with them. I Applied for DC and got a surprise phone interview by a regular SA whose name I cant remember. The only details I remember were that he was out of Alexandria VA, they wanted to hire lightning fast, the interviews were the following week, they wanted a writing sample, and the agent had some sort of Jewish last name. I sent over the writing sample and some follow up emails and nothing. The guy wasnt even professional enough to respond to any of them and no interview.

Comment

No call back? You would think there would be that courtesy follow up call. Sorry to hear

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11959 users online. 450 members and 11509 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X