300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Air Marshal

It hasn't been son long ago that Department of Homeland Security had changed the ages limit for those of us that are current LEO's. With the change I qualify for the position, based upon experience needed and age. Can anyone tell me when and if the agency is going to do any hiring in the future. Any current FAMS that could provide an insight into the position? It would be greatly appreciated and look forward to the information.

You are a current LEO? Tell me, how many police reports have you written that have been returned to you due to poor grammar and spelling?

Comment

Originally posted by DaShwstoppahbk View Post
      You are a current LEO? Tell me, how many police reports have you written that have been returned to you due to poor grammar and spelling?
      Hey, Dishwasher... How many times did you read, reread, and rereread your post before you hit send to ensure you didn't make any typos either? A couple of fat fingers in a forum doesn't equate to a crappy LEO. Relax. BTW, have you SEEN your screen name??...
      P. S. I haven't proofread my post here so if I've got 9 typos don't tell my Chief.

Comment

Federal Air Marshal

Davjon, the truth is the overwhelming majority of the FAMS have no idea when they'll hire again. There have been rumors that FAMS will hire in FY 15 or 16, but I wouldn't put any stock in it. If they do hire it will be for large offices, such as WFO, SFO, JFK etc. If ur a current FED Leo I'd suggest that you stay put. It's no secret that the FAMS are rock bottom in moral dept. The grass is truly not always greener. I know plenty who have beat feet back to their previous agencies, where they were miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by TripleD; 11-24-2014, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Probably never hiring again. If they do, it'll be for the above locations. Good place to stop your clock.

Comment

Originally posted by bayranger View Post
            Hey, Dishwasher... How many times did you read, reread, and rereread your post before you hit send to ensure you didn't make any typos either? A couple of fat fingers in a forum doesn't equate to a crappy LEO. Relax. BTW, have you SEEN your screen name??...
            P. S. I haven't proofread my post here so if I've got 9 typos don't tell my Chief.

Ok I'll bite. First of all where did I say in my post he was a crappy LEO? I just implied he should double check what he writes on a forum before sending it as you would a report. One mistake I could attribute to "fat fingers" even two.

But when I literally can't read the first sentence he wrote because it's so poorly written that's just plain laziness.

Look this is dumb we all make mistakes I get that. But as I have said on this forum countless times.....there is a difference between mistakes and downright laziness.

Not sure what you were trying to imply by calling me a "dishwasher" but I see no need to start hurling verbal insults at people on here.

You post lazily on a LEO forum, you have to be prepared to take heat sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleD View Post
              Davjon, the truth is the overwhelming majority of the FAMS have idea when they'll hire again. There have been rumors that FAMS will hire in FY 15 or 16, but I wouldn't put any stock in it. If they do hire it will be for large offices, such as WFO, SFO, JFK etc. If ur a current FED Leo I'd suggest that you stay put. It's no secret that the FAMS are rock bottom in moral dept. the grass in truly not always greener. I know plenty who have beat feet back to their previous agencies, where they were miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything stated here is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShwstoppahbk View Post
                Ok I'll bite. First of all where did I say in my post he was a crappy LEO? I just implied he should double check what he writes on a forum before sending it as you would a report. One mistake I could attribute to "fat fingers" even two.

But when I literally can't read the first sentence he wrote because it's so poorly written that's just plain laziness.

Look this is dumb we all make mistakes I get that. But as I have said on this forum countless times.....there is a difference between mistakes and downright laziness.

Not sure what you were trying to imply by calling me a "dishwasher" but I see no need to start hurling verbal insults at people on here.

You post lazily on a LEO forum, you have to be prepared to take heat sorry.
                Your screen name resembles the word Dishwasher upon a first glance. That's all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5876 users online. 308 members and 5568 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X