300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dept of Energy (DOE) OIG 1811

Anybody familiar what sort of cases this job entails and how much support LEOs get? Basically if it's the same caliber of work quality you would expect from other "popular" alphabet soup Fed 1811s?

Originally posted by bayranger View Post
    Anybody familiar what sort of cases this job entails and how much support LEOs get? Basically if it's the same caliber of work quality you would expect from other "popular" alphabet soup Fed 1811s?
    Lots and lots of mind numbing paperwork and number crunching. A close friend is in the job. You may get lucky and get a fence crasher case, but most is auditing contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by wildstar82 View Post
      Lots and lots of mind numbing paperwork and number crunching. A close friend is in the job. You may get lucky and get a fence crasher case, but most is auditing contracts.
      Sounds exciting lol. Thanks for the response, wildstar. I kind of got that vibe when the first KSA question was about financial crimes experience. Hmm...

Comment

What are the chances of actually landing one of these jobs? I know the amount of people applying often far exceeds the vacancies, just how bad is this one? Anyone have any idea what their hiring process is like?

Comment

Sounds exciting lol. Thanks for the response, wildstar. I kind of got that vibe when the first KSA question was about financial crimes experience. Hmm...
          Lol Bayranger you're all over the place on this forum. Each topic I check out I see ya there brother! [emoji1]

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
            Lol Bayranger you're all over the place on this forum. Each topic I check out I see ya there brother! [emoji1]
            Lol yep! the only way you see me is being there, too, bro! Haha I'm scratching and clawing at all options. The more choices you have the better, right?
            That's hilarious that you called me out, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Down View Post
              What are the chances of actually landing one of these jobs? I know the amount of people applying often far exceeds the vacancies, just how bad is this one? Anyone have any idea what their hiring process is like?
              I'd say relatively slim. I'm certain that they're not getting FBI numbers of applicants but whatever number they get is divided by 1 job opening instead of 400 . So unless they only get 50 applicants, the chances are slimmer than FBI, statistically anyway. The difference would be all the Joe regular citizens that would throw an app into FBI with no chance vs probably the more serious applicants that would try for the less sexy jobs. That's my thoughts at least. And they're just that... Thoughts.
              Last edited by bayranger; 11-20-2014, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Lol yep! the only way you see me is being there, too, bro! Haha I'm scratching and clawing at all options. The more choices you have the better, right?
                That's hilarious that you called me out, btw.
                Lol I've become kind of a lurker lately I more into reading. I'll post every now and then though. Didn't mean to blow up your spot it's just funny because I read through 4 threads and I kept seeing you. I feel you, gotta get in where you can I'm in the same boat with you

Comment

Double posted.

Comment

Think financial, compliance, cyber crimes, employee misconduct, and... well, I'm sure there is more but that will be most of it. I've worked with two DOE 1811s over the years supporting at least one of those previous categories.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      Think financial, compliance, cyber crimes, employee misconduct, and... well, I'm sure there is more but that will be most of it. I've worked with two DOE 1811s over the years supporting at least one of those previous categories.
                      Thanks for the contribution of info, Erik. While not exactly the type of action that gets you pumped up... If it provides a good work-life balance, that's a plus. I would think it would.
                      To me, Job A with less desirable job activity coupled with good work-life balance is equal to Job B that's a "dream job" which requires long odd hours and is not the ideal family gig. If you assign number ratings to each of those categories (life balance and job quality), both types of jobs would come out pretty equal in the end. Assuming you play equal value in each.
                      Can you tell I'm not much of a "heart" decision maker? Lol

Comment

Thanks for the contribution of info, Erik. While not exactly the type of action that gets you pumped up... If it provides a good work-life balance, that's a plus. I would think it would.
                        To me, Job A with less desirable job activity coupled with good work-life balance is equal to Job B that's a "dream job" which requires long odd hours and is not the ideal family gig. If you assign number ratings to each of those categories (life balance and job quality), both types of jobs would come out pretty equal in the end. Assuming you play equal value in each.
                        Can you tell I'm not much of a "heart" decision maker? Lol
                        I didn't apply for this position, just lurking. But I coincidently just assigned numerical values to characteristics of different jobs in order to determine an objective ranking of them. Not like it means anything until you get an offer, let alone competing offers, but it's good to be prepared. Great minds think alike I guess..
                        Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                          I didn't apply for this position, just lurking. But I coincidently just assigned numerical values to characteristics of different jobs in order to determine an objective ranking of them. Not like it means anything until you get an offer, let alone competing offers, but it's good to be prepared. Great minds think alike I guess..
                          Nerd! [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                            Seriously though I've made many large difficult decisions by breaking them down to something tangible/scorable/comparable. Taking things I like or don't like making a column to place them in to see of I like more things than I dislike.
                            Instead of just dwelling on what a huge decision it is I'll make many small decisions within the big one then add up the answers to decide on the big picture.
                            My wife was wanting an SUV with a 3rd row seat until I calculated it would cost us about 80 bucks each time we "needed" to use it. I estimated how many times over the course of ownership we'd actually use it then divided that into the price difference of the 2 row model and then asked her would we pay 80 bucks each use to stick a neighbor's kid back there 6 times a year? We bought the 2 row one. Lol
                            Anyway that example story turned out to be WAY longer a story than I intended... my bad.
                            Point is, every time I've analyzed and prepared for big decisions (all my jobs) that way, I've regretted none of the outcomes.
                            P. S. Don't get me started on the spreadsheet of the choice of cities offered on other jobs comparing cost of living coupled with locality pay etc.... When/if someone offers me an 1811 gig... I'll have the answer before they finish the sentence because I know all the scenarios. Obsessive? Only until I get it finished then I'm back to normal. Prepared? Damn right. Plus, having the decisions simplified in the end makes the wife way less stressed. Which makes everything else way better in the meantime Lol.
                            And so concludes the (unintentionally) longest post I've ever made anywhere ever. Thanks for listening... I'm gonna go take a nap now.
                            Last edited by bayranger; 11-24-2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Just gonna take a stab and guess this job was filled...
                              I never heard squat from it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4884 users online. 264 members and 4620 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X