300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Police/State Law Enforcement Agencies

New to the forum. Looking to enter a career in Law Enforcement either on the State or Federal level. Currently in College almost done with my Bachelors degree. Would love to enter a career on the federal level ( FBI, DEA, ATF, etc ) also current awaiting word from Border Patrol/Capitol Police.

Just wondering on your prior experience or knowledge what is the best state police to possibly apply for or other state level agencies.

Thanks y'all. Much appreciated if anyone has some info.

Bump.......

Comment

What State do you live in and would you work for that State Police Agency? There are 50 separate State Police Agencies. Can you narrow it down?
      semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by sgrv23492 View Post
        New to the forum. Looking to enter a career in Law Enforcement either on the State or Federal level. Currently in College almost done with my Bachelors degree. Would love to enter a career on the federal level ( FBI, DEA, ATF, etc ) also current awaiting word from Border Patrol/Capitol Police.

Just wondering on your prior experience or knowledge what is the best state police to possibly apply for or other state level agencies.

Thanks y'all. Much appreciated if anyone has some info.
        Depends on where you live. If moving is not an issue, I would look for a State Police agency and not Highway Patrol. That's just my opinion. While I am not knocking Highway Patrol agencies, they tend to work more traffic related issues. They will work anything they are called to and you get into many things and gain a lot of experience but most State Police are full service. I know from personal experience that West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Virginia are all full service, not Highway Patrol. I know there are many others but those are the ones I can speak to. VSP I know very well... If you go to NOVA (loudoun, fairfax, arlington) You will get more traffic related calls due to the beltway. The rest of the state is much different than those counties. The good thing about VSP is the proximity to DC and northern VA. You will work with DEA, ATF, USSS, FBI, DOS, etc all the time. Most of those agencies will hire VSP Troopers in a heartbeat due to the the familiarity with the Troopers and the training they go through. (plus many are former VSP) It is all in what your looking for. I will tell you, that about 50% of those who leave the Troopers end up coming back. Grass isn't always greener.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5651 users online. 322 members and 5329 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X