Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince William County PD

Hello everyone,

Is there anyone going thru the hiring process?? Take the Physical Test on the 3rd and Polygraph on the 4th.

Originally posted by dwhite_1107 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Is there anyone going thru the hiring process?? Take the Physical Test on the 3rd and Polygraph on the 4th.
    Just wondering why PWC?

Comment

Moving to that area and seen that they where hiring so I applied. Looked at there reviews and seen nothing but good things. Do you or have you worked at PWC???

Comment

Originally posted by dwhite_1107 View Post
        Moving to that area and seen that they where hiring so I applied. Looked at there reviews and seen nothing but good things. Do you or have you worked at PWC???
        I see. Well you should post in the Virginia thread, you'll have more luck.
        I did not work for PWC in a law enforcement capacity but I did work in PWC for about a year not too long ago. I'm sure the PWC department is squared away but I did not like the area/county at all. Have you considered federal law enforcement? You'll be around DC and there is a plethora of agencies. You'll find most of them posting on usajobs.gov. Capital Police is currently hiring last time I checked. There are a few you need to apply directly to their site such as NSA and CIA but those are more of a security type job. And if you are prior military and already have law enforcement experience there are several bases in the area that hire as well such as Fort Belvior and Quantico. If you are set on working for a state run department, I'd consider Fairfax, Alexandria or Arlington if those areas are a possibility for you. Good luck regardless but definitely post in the Virginia thread.

Comment

Thanks for that info. Yes I do have prior Military services. Thanks again for all these info

Comment

I think PWC is a great area. The schools are good, and the taxes/cost of living is much more reasonable than the other areas close to the District. I do not work for PWC PD, but they seem like a squared away force. Welcome to NOVA. You will find that the pace of life around here (TRAFFIC) is MUCH different from Cary. I used to live in Raleigh... housing prices will probably be your biggest shock.

Comment

I hope to apply in December, I need to get in shape first! Good luck on your PAT and Polygraph! I'd love to hear how it goes, I want to know what I'm (hopefully) getting into

Comment

Thanks for both comments. I will let you know how that PAT and Polygraph go.

Comment

How did everything go for you? I'm going to be in PWCPD's upcoming January academy

Comment

• bluehoo
                    bluehoo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Could you shed some light on what the academy experience was like? (first day, pt, etc)

thanks!

Didn't pass the polygraph. Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7978 users online. 307 members and 7671 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X