Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are hoping the process goes fast we really need people, but we know we probably won't see them till march. If you do get on be prepared to work day work at least for the first year, as I've said its a good job very little stress we don't run and gun or do a lot of lock ups so if your looking for that it's best to move on. Guys have left and funny how after a year or less they want to come back, we have freedom at the Zoo no static posts no checking ID and can do pretty much what you want. As I've said before do the homework, come see it talk to us officers we will tell you how it really is. I wish you all the best of luck if your called for an interview and get thru the process ( it's not that hard)

Comment

Originally posted by fedcop64 View Post
      We are hoping the process goes fast we really need people, but we know we probably won't see them till march. If you do get on be prepared to work day work at least for the first year, as I've said its a good job very little stress we don't run and gun or do a lot of lock ups so if your looking for that it's best to move on. Guys have left and funny how after a year or less they want to come back, we have freedom at the Zoo no static posts no checking ID and can do pretty much what you want. As I've said before do the homework, come see it talk to us officers we will tell you how it really is. I wish you all the best of luck if your called for an interview and get thru the process ( it's not that hard)
      Can you go into a bit more detail regarding going through the process? I've been most of the way through the BOP process before, so I was just wondering if it was similar at all (i.e. call to set up interview, go through a lot of background paperwork, panel interview, medical, UA, and then investigator background (no psych or polygraph that I recall (or didn't get that far))).

Thanks,

Shane
      Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes people win the Darwin Award.

Comment

Interview and UA, background pretty in depth but not to bad just tell them everything. One other thing if you just have BOP that may not be enough LEO experience, like I said they want police certified I don't think corrections will be enough

Comment

What exactly is UA? Curious to know if you guys are authorized overtime, and if so what kind can be expected? Thank you for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Code12911 View Post
            What exactly is UA? Curious to know if you guys are authorized overtime, and if so what kind can be expected? Thank you for all your help.
            UA is Urinalysis Test...Drug Test
            And from what I have seen in this thread is overtime can occur but it depends on the season, call offs, etc.. (others feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Interview and UA, background pretty in depth but not to bad just tell them everything. One other thing if you just have BOP that may not be enough LEO experience, like I said they want police certified I don't think corrections will be enough

I am police certified for Ohio with Auxiliary Police work. I actually don't have the BOP experience, I've just been through most of their process. Thanks again for the help!
            Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes people win the Darwin Award.

Comment

We get OT with special events, and call offs. Like I said if your certified as a police officer t u at what they want, but as been said this isn't a run and gun job, it's community policing

Comment

Originally posted by MarinePSS619
                I got referred to the Police Officer opening at the SI but haven't heard anything back for that position. I did get an interview for the 0085 though.
                You'll hear back probably after the holiday

Comment

Thanks, I will try and come by and talk to you guys. Message me if you work any weekends and I'll bring you some coffee.

Comment

Anyone get a call or email yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DoD4Life View Post
                      Anyone get a call or email yet?
                      You all will probably hear after the holiday

Comment

Applications rated
                        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

My fiancé applied in 2012. Her app still says reviewing applications in USAjobs. Smh. No rhyme or reason to fed Leo. She's got a ton of experience. Non vet though.

Comment

We have no idea when they plan on hiring, rumor is we are only getting 5, that sucks if it's true we're losing another the end of the month so that's about 7 we've lost in 6 months. As I've said before do your homework about this agency. Go see it for yourself talk to several of us not just one officer, like I've said it's a good job but not a run and gun type of policing we have a lot of freedom ie we aren't just stuck in some building or at a door checking ID'S. I can go out of the park to get dinner and nothing is said just let radio know your leaving the park, it's the easiest money you'll ever make. Just know what your getting into before you take the job.

Comment

Originally posted by fedcop64 View Post
                              We have no idea when they plan on hiring, rumor is we are only getting 5, that sucks if it's true we're losing another the end of the month so that's about 7 we've lost in 6 months. As I've said before do your homework about this agency. Go see it for yourself talk to several of us not just one officer, like I've said it's a good job but not a run and gun type of policing we have a lot of freedom ie we aren't just stuck in some building or at a door checking ID'S. I can go out of the park to get dinner and nothing is said just let radio know your leaving the park, it's the easiest money you'll ever make. Just know what your getting into before you take the job.
                              I was actually surprised to see how short handed your shifts are. Hopefully you can get the officers on prior to Easter Monday celebrations.
                              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                                I was actually surprised to see how short handed your shifts are. Hopefully you can get the officers on prior to Easter Monday celebrations.
                                That's the goal we shall see if not its gonna be a bad day

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5257 users online. 212 members and 5045 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X