Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bearcat357 any word on them getting overtime?

Comment

Originally posted by Code12911 View Post
      Bearcat357 any word on them getting overtime?
      They don't get a lot of OT, mainly for court. While there is activity, NZPP do not do "run and gun" patrol.

You can't substitute education at the GS 0083 series over experience for anything over GS-05. The current reading for the announcement is for Smithsonian Guards who are GS-4/5/6 to apply for positions within NZPP. The 5 week in house academy is a training certification required for everybody who works within SI OPS. They will be sending to FLETC un trained police officers, however quite a few police officers with FLTEC certs have applied for the current announcement.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I would be one of those with FLETC that applied. Waiting to see what comes next.

Comment

Good luck.. Since I'm sure somebody will ask about shifts. They work a 4on/3off 10 hr tour.. I think (and I'm sure the lone zoo cop can pop on here to correct if need be) the shifts are 6-4, 2-12,10-8 with either S/M/T off or T/F/S off.

Comment

Thank you for the info!

Comment

I work for the Zoo, we are not security but like all 0083 jobs we have security functions. To get hired you have to be certified as a police officer be it FLETC or a state. We work 6 days on 2 days off 8 hour shifts and rotating days off, every 5 weeks we get 2 3day weekends. We do have OT whether you want it or not, the 5 week thing on the announcement is for the security guards but they put us in it cuz we are also part of OPS, yes it sucks!!! The job is the easiest money you'll ever make.

Comment

This job is what you make of it, do your homework check it out make sure this is what you want. If not then move on, but most people who leave for money or greener pastures end up wanting to come back. We have a lot of freedom compared to other agencies

Comment

Thank you, How much OT do you guys average per pay period roughly.

Comment

Depends Oct thru Jan can be a lot with all the functions, then there is the call offs which makes a shift short

Comment

Originally posted by fedcop64 View Post
                      I work for the Zoo, we are not security but like all 0083 jobs we have security functions. To get hired you have to be certified as a police officer be it FLETC or a state. We work 6 days on 2 days off 8 hour shifts and rotating days off, every 5 weeks we get 2 3day weekends. We do have OT whether you want it or not, the 5 week thing on the announcement is for the security guards but they put us in it cuz we are also part of OPS, yes it sucks!!! The job is the easiest money you'll ever make.

When did you guys go to the 6/2 from the 4/3 schedule? Last I heard the 6/2 was only proposed.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                        When did you guys go to the 6/2 from the 4/3 schedule? Last I heard the 6/2 was only proposed.
                        They did that last year, it sucks I'm always looking to see when my days off are so are most of the guys

Comment

Originally posted by fedcop64 View Post
                          Thanks for the input. I am certified to be a police officer here in Ohio. Although I think I'm going to stand this job out (depending on how long it takes...it is the federal government) since I just received notice that I got a job with the state. A little less pay than the Zoo but I don't have to pay to move or any of that.
                          Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes people win the Darwin Award.

Comment

Anyone here back from the announcement yet? I'm current federal LEO fletc certified hope it helps lol

Comment

same here and nothing

Comment

The job closed out a week ago. Give them time to go through the applications and rate them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8188 users online. 347 members and 7841 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X