300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding leo career in Fl

My name is Clint and I just started the police academy in north Fl (self sponsored). My question is does anyone out there know of any le agencies in Fl that will hire you at 22 years old and meet the minimum requirements only. The only experience I have in LE is I went through the police academy in Ga, but I decided I did not want a career in Ga as a leo. So I have all that training but I did not ever work as a leo with an agency. I know college would help me a great deal but college is very expensive and most depts have tuition reimbursement so I would like to get hired by a dept and have them pay for part or all of my education. This is my dream and there is nothing else in the world that I could ever imagine doing. So right now I am taking the only step I know how to better my chances and that is getting Fl certified. Will being Fl certified help me a great deal and set me apart from the other applicants, or make me compettitve with people who have college but are not Fl certified. Anyone who can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I apologize for being so long winded but I wanted to give you as much information as I could. Thanxs to everyone who responds.

The only way to find out is to apply to departments. If you meet the minimum requirements, that means you go through the application process. If you impress them during the interview and have a clean background, your chances are probably decent since you're going to be certified.

From what I have heard, there are quite a few agencies in Florida that are hurting for people.

Comment

Fl... I am a LEO in S. Florida. When I got hired, I had the minimum requirements only, plus some basic LE knowledge. I impressed them at my oral board, and they paid for me to go through the academy. I cannot speak for N. Florida, but in S. Florida, agencies are ALWAYS hiring. Check out the web, and various other things. If you are going to be certified, and you have a clean backround, etc... you will have no problem. PM me if you want some more info and departments, etc......
      In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Jobs

Thank you to the people that have responded so far It has been appreciated, if there is anyone else out there that thinks he/she can help I would like to hear from you. thanks.

Comment

flacademy, in response to your PM that I acidentialy deleted. THe fact that the chief wanted to talk to you is normally a very good sign. If for some reason he does make you an offer for when you get out of the academy, that is something you will have to decide on. While working for a small agency in N. FL is nothing like working in S. FL, it gets your foot in the door. You can always apply with other departments when you are certified. Some departments down here will allow you to go through the hiring process while you are in the academy up there, and actually let you apply as a certified officer. Then you may have something waiting for you when the academy is done. Hiring practices vary from agency to agency, so do your research.
          In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

If you want to stay in north FL,apply with Escambia Co SO (Pensacola). Last I heard,they were looking for folks.
            If you stare into the abyss long enough,sometimes it stares back.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6824 users online. 296 members and 6528 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X