Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger1983
    replied
    Thanks a bunch for taking the time to respond! The info really helps. I'm originally from southern coastal Maine and am ready to get back to the area. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• RR_Security
    replied
    If by Augusta you mean Togus, Maine, I might be able to dig up some info on that. I haven't been up there for awhile. I think the former chief from one of the towns in my county is now the chief there.

I think Togus covers the most area of the three, 500+ acres. Bedford (Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital) is about 179 acres, and WRJ might be smaller still. (I only saw it in a Google Maps satellite view.)

I think the Town of Bedford (2010 pop. 13,320) is in what's called "Metro West," west of Boston. Most of Hanscom AFB is in Bedford. Might be a nice area if you like suburbs. Togus is actually in Chelsea, a small town (est. 2012 pop. 2,730) southeast of Augusta. The capitol area sometimes gets whacked worse with snowstorms than we do here on the coast, so figure on that.

Don't know how much more I can find out about your other questions, but I'll ask around.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1983
    started a topic VA POLICE - Bedford, White River Junction, Augusta

VA POLICE - Bedford, White River Junction, Augusta

I'm currently a VA Police Officer that is looking to transfer to one of the three stations listed above. I know each station can be very different from eachother. Does anyone have any general knowledge about these three? I'm interested in moral, training, management style, schedule, living in surrounding areas, high/low speed enforcement style, traffic enforcement, typical arrest numbers, average age of officers and/or anything that might make a difference to a new officer that's looking to transfer. Thank you for your time.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6273 users online. 354 members and 5919 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X