Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Trainee (Investigations) ITEP - Department of State

Hi folks,

Does anyone know what the career path that an applicant is set up for if they take the State Dept ITEP Student Trainee internship (1899). Obviously its an awesome opportunity for anyone who wants to be an 1811, but I was hoping to get more information on the program. My daughter, who is in her 2nd year of college, applied, and asked me if its part of Bureau of Diplomatic Security or does it deal with other investigations.

For the students who are looking to apply and didn't see the posting yet, they opened the posting on USAJobs on the 8th and closed it in less than 24 hours after 100 applications were submitted. Sorry.

All RUMIT and speculation is welcome.

Thanks
    Last edited by TripleD; 10-09-2014, 07:17 AM.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/PrintPreview/383000900

I recently read the announcement and I didn't see CITP or FLETC anywhere in the announcement. This leads me to believe you maybe converted to an 1805 investigative analyst. I don't think this position will convert you to an agent with DSS or the OIG.
    The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

I don't think your daughter is eligible unless she already has at least an undergrad degree. According to the posting, one needs a degree to apply at the GS-5 level.

Comment

Student Trainee (Investigations) ITEP - Department of State

Aspiring Fed,

I don't think the posting is very concise. It does indeed state that you must have a degree to qualify for GS 5. However, the pathways internship program is intended for students of all types, to include high school students.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleD View Post
          Aspiring Fed,

I don't think the posting is very concise. It does indeed state that you must have a degree to qualify for GS 5. However, the pathways internship program is intended for students of all types, to include high school students.
          Yes, but agencies can tailor the requirements however they want.

"To qualify for this position at the GS-05 grade level: Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree."

Seems pretty clear. I guess it doesn't hurt to apply, but there's no chance of selection without meeting the minimum requirements, and if it can waste time of those responsible for shifting through resumes if it's not automated.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4656 users online. 278 members and 4378 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X