300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many applications did it take to land your LE Job? Survey

Wanted to do a brief survey to see how many applications, processes that you went through to land your job. The more I talk to people the more it seems like I should take every test and eventually get in...

I've been taking as many tests as I can since 2009 and the more you take the higher your score should get with each test at least that has been the case for me
    MPDC
    Orientation: Done
    Written test: Passed
    PHS: Done
    Background: Done
    Poly: Done
    Medical: Done
    Review Committee: Completed
    Academy: April 20, 2015
    Graduation: February 12, 2016

Comment

1. But I'm an anomaly. So take that with a grain of salt. Had several years experience then applied to a smaller agency and they sent me to FLETC.

Comment

Same as above. I applied once and got it. I work for a much smaller agency that not many hear of. At least I got my FLETC training now so who knows for the future.

Comment

Third time was the charm for my current job.

Comment

When I started out as a local I got the first job I applied for and the same was true for my switch to the federal side. I think your best bet would be to apply to places you actually want to work and see how it goes. Good luck.

Comment

To get my current federal job I applied only once.

HOWEVER, trying to get another federal job I have applied to 13 different places, and 4 local PDs......still with no luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6221 users online. 331 members and 5890 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X