Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.justice.gov/dea/careers/a...PTTBooklet.pdf is that where you guys are getting the minimums? didnt see it on the announcement
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by TopNach View Post
      Anyone know the reason why they extended the Closing Date to Oct 6, 2014 now? Not enough applicants? Waiting for their ideal applicant to apply? Not the agency to be an 1811 with? Just curious now. Hmmm
      Thanks everyone for trying to answer these questions. Interesting point of views and opinions on why they extended it.

Not to harp on this but curious why some folks go off on the PFT tangent regarding 1811 processing. If you're in shape then you have nothing to worry about, if you're not then do something about it. Then again round is a shape. Talking about it on these forums is not, especially when someone is not asking about it . Each agency has all their requirements listed and what is passing, unless you're trying to figure out how you're going to squeeze by (bare minimum). Sorry but just gets old and redundant.

Maybe someone should start a "Physical Fitness" or "Physical Requirements" etc. forum

Comment

I saw the time to apply was extended and I was a bit surprised... hopefully like all of you said they need more individuals or people somehow bombed the assessment questionnaires. Since the questions are sort of obvious my assumption is not enough people applied to meet their quota to close the application. Best of luck to you all as we continue down this road!

Comment

If any of you have been in the process you know that DEA never has a shortage of applicants. When you get a COE it actually says they always bring in more applicants through the process than what they need because the long wait, PFT and background weeds to many people out. Mind you they still have people in the process from 2012 Lol The extension is probably administrative I doubt it is a lack of applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
            If any of you have been in the process you know that DEA never has a shortage of applicants. When you get a COE it actually says they always bring in more applicants through the process than what they need because the long wait, PFT and background weeds to many people out. Mind you they still have people in the process from 2012 Lol The extension is probably administrative I doubt it is a lack of applicants.
            Very true. They are still processing 2012 applicants... this is going to be a wait but good things come to those who wait.

Comment

Maybe I didn't catch this when I applied to the announcement before the deadline was extended to Oct 6th but I happen to notice that "limited moving expenses are authorized" in the announcement currently on USA Jobs. Is that new?? I don't remember moving expenses being a part of the announcement.

Comment

it was there from the get-go, because i was surprised by it
                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                  it was there from the get-go, because i was surprised by it
                  Cool! I applied back when the announcement first opened......I must have just saw 1811 and DEA; which probably queued my TUNNEL VISION. Either way, it's nice that the DEA is offering moving expenses. These days nobody does that unless you are within the agency already.

Comment

Originally posted by patriot772 View Post
                    Cool! I applied back when the announcement first opened......I must have just saw 1811 and DEA; which probably queued my TUNNEL VISION. Either way, it's nice that the DEA is offering moving expenses. These days nobody does that unless you are within the agency already.
                    Current federal employees get a full paid move from my understanding. All other applicants get limited expenses.
                    Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                      Current federal employees get a full paid move from my understanding. All other applicants get limited expenses.
                      If that's true...............Holy $#!+

Comment

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                        Not sure if one would call it full paid but pretty darn close depending on your current salary.

Here you go folks:
                        http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-overs...on-incentives/

Covered Positions
                        A relocation incentive may be paid to an eligible individual who is appointed to a General Schedule (GS), senior-level (SL), scientific or professional (ST), Senior Executive Service (SES), Federal Bureau of Investigation and Drug Enforcement Administration (FBI/DEA) SES, Executive Schedule (EX), law enforcement officer, or prevailing rate position. OPM may approve other categories for coverage upon written request from the head of an executive agency

Payment
                        A relocation incentive may not exceed 25 percent of the employee's annual rate of basic pay in effect at the beginning of the service period multiplied by the number of years (including fractions of a year) in the service period (not to exceed 4 years). With OPM approval, this cap may be raised to 50 percent (based on a critical agency need), as long as the total incentive does not exceed 100 percent of the employee's annual rate of basic pay at the beginning of the service period. (See 5 CFR 575.209(c).) The incentive may be paid as an initial lump-sum payment at the beginning of the service period, in installments throughout the service period, as a final lump-sum payment upon completion of the service period, or in a combination of these methods. The agency may not pay a relocation incentive until the employee establishes a residence in the new geographic area.

Comment

Post is officially closed. Anybody have any idea how long it takes for the External assessments results to be completed?

Comment

Originally posted by TopNach View Post
                            Not sure if one would call it full paid but pretty darn close depending on your current salary.

Here you go folks:
                            http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-overs...on-incentives/

Covered Positions
                            A relocation incentive may be paid to an eligible individual who is appointed to a General Schedule (GS), senior-level (SL), scientific or professional (ST), Senior Executive Service (SES), Federal Bureau of Investigation and Drug Enforcement Administration (FBI/DEA) SES, Executive Schedule (EX), law enforcement officer, or prevailing rate position. OPM may approve other categories for coverage upon written request from the head of an executive agency

Payment
                            A relocation incentive may not exceed 25 percent of the employee's annual rate of basic pay in effect at the beginning of the service period multiplied by the number of years (including fractions of a year) in the service period (not to exceed 4 years). With OPM approval, this cap may be raised to 50 percent (based on a critical agency need), as long as the total incentive does not exceed 100 percent of the employee's annual rate of basic pay at the beginning of the service period. (See 5 CFR 575.209(c).) The incentive may be paid as an initial lump-sum payment at the beginning of the service period, in installments throughout the service period, as a final lump-sum payment upon completion of the service period, or in a combination of these methods. The agency may not pay a relocation incentive until the employee establishes a residence in the new geographic area.
                            Good find, TopNach. The key term there being MAY. I believe most agencies only pay relocation if you are already an employee in that agency. Interagency (as opposed to intra-agency) moves are usually not paid. But never say never. Here's the intro to the relocation link:

An agency may pay a relocation incentive to a current employee who must relocate to accept a position in a different geographic area if the agency determines that the position is likely be difficult to fill in the absence of an incentive. A relocation incentive may be paid only when the employee's rating of record under an official performance appraisal or evaluation system is at least "Fully Successful" or equivalent.

Comment

I heard that this is a process of fire and forget until they contact you...lol

Comment

I applied back on the first day the announcement opened and received an e-mail telling me I was eligible and an assessment invite would follow. It also states these assessments must be completed within 48 hours of the close of the announcement. However, I never received the invitation. I have been scouring both my regular inbox and my spam inbox (lesson learned from an FBI process), and nothing ever materialized. I assumed they would send them after the close of the announcement. It seems that most of you received them immediately. I contacted usajobsassess.com, but have yet to hear anything. Thoughts?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3800 users online. 192 members and 3608 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X