Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although this was not the case for me, one thing I learned from other threads...check your SPAM folders.
    Just a potential helpful hint.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes people win the Darwin Award.

Comment

• Originally posted by champs607 View Post
      Well I was told about a month ago that in "about a month" letters for an orientation at the field office should be going out. I guess the denial emails too. Depending on the field office, first batch letters starting the process should go out before January. Per my CS
      "Per my CS".....do we have a TFO here?

Comment

• Originally posted by sethd27 View Post
        Will we receive an email if referred to next step or is it paper letter?
        I'm at the end of the process and unless things change, EVERYTHING from the DEA will be sent through email. The only paper letter I received was notice from the psychologist to schedule an appointment.

Comment

• I hope my qualifications are up to par. I recently graduated with Finance and Business Analytics & Information systems. Currently working at a software company. I haven't received the BQA email yet. Good luck to everyone!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Umcdoj1 View Post
            I hope my qualifications are up to par. I recently graduated with Finance and Business Analytics & Information systems. Currently working at a software company. I haven't received the BQA email yet. Good luck to everyone!!
            I'm the same way..........I have criminal investigator experience, but not working narcotics violations other than drug interdiction work.

Comment

• No news during the season of initial rejection is a good thing for now. Grow a handlebar mustache, put on a turtleneck, relax by the fireplace with a good book, and sip slowly on some egg nog. Good luck!
              The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
              Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
              Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

• I'm a 2012 applicant still in the hiring process. Good luck to all of the 2014 applicants. One thing I would like to comment on is that I have seen talk on this forum, and to a certain extent on the 2012 forum earlier on, about not having investigative experience or certain qualifications that would "fit" with the position. Please know that the DEA looks for a wide variety of applicants. When I applied, I had literally just graduated undergrad with no military experience, no police experience, and no full-time work experience (other than internships/jobs throughout college). While I have not received a final offer of employment yet, I have made it into final review. Don't worry about qualifications or count yourself out early on.

Comment

• Mr. Green,

How long after your psyche exam did it take you to get a call to schedule your interview with the Clinical Psychologist? Also, where are you processing out of?

Comment

• Originally posted by manno332 View Post
                    Mr. Green,

How long after your psyche exam did it take you to get a call to schedule your interview with the Clinical Psychologist? Also, where are you processing out of?
                    About a month. NYC. Your question about timeline also brings up another good point. There are VAST differences in processing rates on both the inter and intra field office levels. I have no idea the reasoning behind how things are processed, but I do know that it's ill-advised to compare your timeline to any single other timeline. Many veterans to this process will advise you to live your life as if this doesn't exist and to not get caught up in the guessing game. I advise this as well, however, I also know that it's very very hard to do this. Realistically, we all want this badly.

Comment

• Mr. Green is on the money:

Applied -- 6/12
                      Test/Interview -- 3/14 Had to pass each phase of testing to move on to the next. Panel interview immediately following written.
                      4/14 -- Medical
                      5/14 -- PT test
                      6/14 -- Pysch (written and interview in the same session) and drug test
                      8/14 -- BI initiated
                      9/14 -- Poly
                      12/14 -- BI complete

Out of ATL.
                      F08
                      Forum Member
                      Last edited by F08; 12-15-2014, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by F08 View Post
                        Mr. Green is on the money:

Applied -- 6/12
                        Test/Interview -- 3/14 Had to pass each phase of testing to move on to the next. Panel interview immediately following written.
                        4/14 -- Medical
                        5/14 -- PT test
                        6/14 -- Pysch (written and interview in the same session) and drug test
                        8/14 -- BI initiated
                        9/14 -- Poly
                        12/14 -- BI complete

Out of ATL.
                        So one could say that the 2014 applicants could be processed and ready for final offer in 2015???

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                          So one could say that the 2014 applicants could be processed and ready for final offer in 2015???
                          Possible, yes. Likely, no. Also, you mentioned "final offer". It's great to get a final offer, but you still need to be placed in a class. This can take weeks, months, or even years (ask some of the 08/10 applicants about that). However, I would say years between the final offer and being placed into a class is an anomaly due to the hiring freeze that occurred. So, let's use "arrival at an academy class" instead of "final offer", because ultimately that is what everyone REALLY wants to know right? I would say you are looking at 1.5 to 3 years. Sure, some may make it to an academy class within 12 months, but I would say this is extremely rare. There were some 2012 applicants that made it into the May 2014 class. For me, it has been about 2.5 years. If I make it to a class, it will probably be around the 3 year mark.

Comment

• I just received this e-mail....

Dear Special Agent Applicant,

"This email is regarding the status of your application for the position of Special Agent with the Drug Enforcement Administration (Job Announcement Number BA2014). Based on the results your Occupational Questionnaire and External Assessments, you are among the “Tentatively Best Qualified” candidates. However, to be considered for further processing, the Special Agent Recruitment Unit must perform a quality review of your application materials to confirm that you meet the basic qualifications and eligible requirements for the position......."

Is this normal?

Comment

• Originally posted by CavalierGirl View Post
                              I just received this e-mail....

Dear Special Agent Applicant,

"This email is regarding the status of your application for the position of Special Agent with the Drug Enforcement Administration (Job Announcement Number BA2014). Based on the results your Occupational Questionnaire and External Assessments, you are among the “Tentatively Best Qualified” candidates. However, to be considered for further processing, the Special Agent Recruitment Unit must perform a quality review of your application materials to confirm that you meet the basic qualifications and eligible requirements for the position......."

Is this normal?
                              I would assume that you are moving on in the process. Congratz!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                                I would assume that you are moving on in the process. Congratz!
                                Thanks - I just wasn't sure how to take "Tentatively Best Qualified."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4044 users online. 214 members and 3830 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X