300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 DEA Special Agent Announcement

Got a email from a recruitment coordinator from the DEA stating, "The 2014 DEA Special Agent Vacancy Announcement will officially be posted on USA Jobs on September 2nd - October 2nd 2014. This is the first time in 2 years that we are accepting new applications."

Just an FYI for everyone who missed the 2012 announcement. Good luck!

Announcement page: DEA Criminal Investigator (Special Agent)
    Last edited by Shell_Back; 09-02-2014, 06:38 AM. Reason: Updated
    CBPO 14-1
    Geo: Central East Coast
    Test: Passed(96) 07/14/2014
    Referred: 07/22/2014
    TSL: 08/02/2014
    Med/Fitness Test: 08/26/2014 (Passed/Passed)
    Polygraph: 09/06/2014 (Passed)
    VBT & SI: 09/12/2014 (Passed)
    BI: 11/03/2014 (Complete)
    PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
    EOD - 2/23/15 (Philadelphia)
    FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

I received an email about a month ago that I wood soon receive the heads up email you received (I didn't).
    But it doesn't matter much, news of a new announcement is good news. Good luck guys

Comment

In for the lulz.
      Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

Originally posted by Shell_Back View Post
        Got a email from a recruitment coordinator from the DEA stating, "The 2014 DEA Special Agent Vacancy Announcement will officially be posted on USA Jobs on September 1st - September 30th 2014. This is the first time in 2 years that we are accepting new applications."

Just an FYI for everyone who missed the 2012 announcement. Good luck!
        THANK YOU for posting sir! I also went to their website and it's all over their homepage and states Sept 2 - Oct 2, 2014. I am sure the dates could change if they get too many applicants, like I've seen with other 1811 postings. Thanks again!
        Last edited by TopNach; 08-26-2014, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Any inside speculation on how bad the agency is hurting for Agents or simply how many openings are projected to be filled?

Comment

Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
            Any inside speculation on how bad the agency is hurting for Agents or simply how many openings are projected to be filled?
            I know a few friends that work for DEA currently. They insist they are hurting bad. Agency hiring patterns tell another story. There were vacancy announcements in 08, 10, 12, and now 14. Hiring is notoriously slow. Expect 2+ years MINIMUM. Last FY only 3 classes put through. You still have a majority of the 2012 applicants that need to be placed in classes in front of you, and maybe some still from 2010.

And don't think ull get lucky and move faster. Doesn't happen, or is extremely rare. Last announcements first class was exactly 2 yrs after the announcement posted. Not trying to be rude just realistic.

I am in the process now and it's been over 2 yrs. I'm hopin for a class in January. Hopefully they pick up hiring, but most likely 2014 applicants won't be in any classes until 2016 and it's impossible to predict a budget for that year. Even if the agency is hurting. No money equals no hiring no matter how long you have been waiting

Comment

Originally posted by DaShwstoppahbk View Post
              I know a few friends that work for DEA currently. They insist they are hurting bad. Agency hiring patterns tell another story. There were vacancy announcements in 08, 10, 12, and now 14. Hiring is notoriously slow. Expect 2+ years MINIMUM. Last FY only 3 classes put through. You still have a majority of the 2012 applicants that need to be placed in classes in front of you, and maybe some still from 2010.

And don't think ull get lucky and move faster. Doesn't happen, or is extremely rare. Last announcements first class was exactly 2 yrs after the announcement posted. Not trying to be rude just realistic.

I am in the process now and it's been over 2 yrs. I'm hopin for a class in January. Hopefully they pick up hiring, but most likely 2014 applicants won't be in any classes until 2016 and it's impossible to predict a budget for that year. Even if the agency is hurting. No money equals no hiring no matter how long you have been waiting
              Thank you, and I don't think you are being rude. I was looking for some insight and you were being honest. I know all too well how long some of these agencies can take and I'm in no hurry. I was picked up by the Feds and it took a while. I was just wondering what the word is on the inside since the only DEA Agents I interact with are on the road a lot and kinda out of the loop on recent hiring needs. I'm now looking for a location change so I'm applying with federal and state agencies that can possibly make this happen.

Comment

Is it necessary to contact a recruiter before an application can be submitted?

Comment

Originally posted by bcbulldog2 View Post
                  Is it necessary to contact a recruiter before an application can be submitted?
                  I don't believe so. You will have to submit the application when the opening is released on Sept 1st or 2nd on USA Jobs.
                  CBPO 14-1
                  PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
                  FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

Applied, assessments completed, awaiting further word. I don't expect to hear anything until after the announcement closes. Is anyone that is applying this time around familiar with the process?
                    Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

The announcement is OPEN (9/2 - 10/2): DEA Criminal Investigator (Special Agent)
                      CBPO 14-1
                      PFT2 - 2/9/15 (Passed)
                      FLETC - 3/27 - 7/31

Comment

Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                        Applied, assessments completed, awaiting further word. I don't expect to hear anything until after the announcement closes. Is anyone that is applying this time around familiar with the process?
                        hey did you submit the drug questionnaire? Although it states that you don't have to right now but just curious to know.

Comment

My name is in the hat as well. Good luck to all!

Comment

"7. Do you have one year of experience equivalent to the grade 07 carrying out limited narcotics/drug-related investigations of alleged or suspected violations of the law, participating in surveillance and undercover operations, raids and/or seizures, taking part in apprehending, arresting, interviewing, and interrogating persons suspected of violations of the law, and organizing evidence for presentation to prosecution officials?"

Is this ALL or ANY? Seems like they are looking for folks only with drug investigations under their belt, rather than current 1811s (unless you qual for education).

Comment

Originally posted by Kris86 View Post
                              hey did you submit the drug questionnaire? Although it states that you don't have to right now but just curious to know.
                              Yea I submitted all of the requested documents.
                              Last edited by 3531Marine; 09-02-2014, 10:08 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9057 users online. 365 members and 8692 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X