300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New FBI Announcement

For those interested there is a new FBI announcement. It lasts until August 15 and will be for hiring in 2015/2016. Good luck to all the apply!
    Last edited by Kattle; 08-01-2014, 01:16 PM.
    Geo: SWB
    CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
    NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
    TSL - 01/31/14
    Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
    VBT/SI - 02/28/14
    BI - 03/15/14
    Poly - 04/30/14
    BI Cleared - 06/24/14
    Drug Test - 06/26/14
    The Call - 06/26/14
    PFT 2 - 07/11/14
    EOD - 07/14/14
    Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

heck yeah man, this is awesome. Good luck to all. Its a long process.
    Its Showtime! -- "The Icon" -- Sting.

Comment

Good luck to all who apply, I've been in the process since 2011, it does take awhile. The budget cuts and hiring freeze certainly didn't help things.

Comment

So is this process one of those where u complete everything and placed in a hiring pool???

Comment

Yes it is, except that they won't just randomly give u a BQA letter once you pass phase II as long as u pass everything after

Comment

Well, that kinda sucks, I'm so ready to leave where I am at and do something bigger. I just hope I'm picked up in the 2015 hiring year. Good luck to everybody.

If anybody wants a good video to watch, I found this one http://watch.weta.org/video/1415943767/
            Last edited by Det_sje; 08-02-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Hey All,

I've all but completed the initial part of my application but I'm running into a small issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with: After you complete the usajobs part of the application it takes you to monster.com to fill in some more information. It eventually takes you to a place to upload your resume / cover letter. There's one more box that says "other required documents" and it says the position requires an SF-50 form. I click the link to download the SF-50 form but it has no option to download it when it takes you to the next page. Is anyone else having this issue? Is the SF-50 form a form completed by HR or by us as applicants? Thanks for the help.

Comment

Det Sje,
                Great video, thanks for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty_13 View Post
                  Hey All,

I've all but completed the initial part of my application but I'm running into a small issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with: After you complete the usajobs part of the application it takes you to monster.com to fill in some more information. It eventually takes you to a place to upload your resume / cover letter. There's one more box that says "other required documents" and it says the position requires an SF-50 form. I click the link to download the SF-50 form but it has no option to download it when it takes you to the next page. Is anyone else having this issue? Is the SF-50 form a form completed by HR or by us as applicants? Thanks for the help.
                  I believe that you would only post the sf-50 if you are a current federal employee.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty_13 View Post
                    Hey All,

SF50 is for current federal employees.

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Comment

so where does this leave everyone else still waiting... hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by nycfed101 View Post
                          Have u finished the entire process.....and waiting on a class date?

Comment

Originally posted by nycfed101 View Post
                            I made it to the meet & great before the hiring freeze. About a month ago I was asked to provide an updated resume and a new self-certified PT form. I suppose that means they are moving forward with those still in the hiring pool from the 2012 posting.

Comment

I'm thinking about applying but hopefully someone who has knowledge first hand about the FBI hiring process can tell me how it works.

When I went to the FBI webpage, it seems like they are hiring mostly computer science related fields or a specialized field in law, computers or electronics. I have a Bachelors of Arts in a completely non related field to any of those. In addition my GPA was bad and I was placed on academic probation before.

How much weight will my non-related BA degree and GPA have on me getting hired? I have applied to several places and was on the eligibility list for The San Francisco Police Dept. twice and still was not accepted for their academy. I read on the old FBI thread on here that all their hiring is not competitive based and will not be competing amongst others; as long as you pass each portion you will be fine.
                              Is there a minimum GPA required to apply? The big departments around here have 1000s of people applying, 100s which are qualified, and only a few that get into the academy. I'm guessing the FBI hiring process is a little more strict and more tough to pass to weed out any potential unfit candidates? Is there a minimum GPA required for the FBI?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3763 users online. 247 members and 3516 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X