Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caseyp
    replied
    Probably the best decision you could have made. I have a few colleagues there and let's just say for every 1811 job that is posted for other agencies they apply. 1811's who came over from other agencies and were assured they would be doing actual investigations into crimes were lied to. Benefits to working there include stopping the 37 age cut off clock and FLETC. Outside of that its career suicide in terms of training and getting experience building cases.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger175
    replied
    Originally posted by krash131 View Post
    We already brought at least one 13 on.
    Thanks for the Intel

Leave a comment:

• krash131
    replied
    We already brought at least one 13 on.

Leave a comment:

• Roninjin
    replied
    Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
    A candidate was selected from the Merit certificate (which is why you got the NS) and the open certificate went unused because the Merit certificate was used.
    Make sense considering the CR budget that we are operating on. However, based on the pretense of them attempting to fill a 24/7 shift, I will think that they would fill more to accommodate.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger175
    replied
    I'm still waiting to see if I get an interview for the GS 13 position. It's been a while since I submitted my forms. Anyone else get referred for that opening back in September?

Leave a comment:

• 3.14 Beans
    replied
    Originally posted by Roninjin View Post
    Got a ns email for the merit status certificate, not sure if I'm still in the running for their other certificate
    A candidate was selected from the Merit certificate (which is why you got the NS) and the open certificate went unused because the Merit certificate was used.

Leave a comment:

• dosumthing
    replied
    DEFENSE LOGISTICS AGENCY

DLA HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES

3990 E BROAD STREET

BUILDING 306

COLUMBUS OH 43213-2560

Dear Applicant,

This refers to the application you recently submitted to this office for the position below:

Position Title: Criminal Investigator

Pay Plan: GL

Series/Grade:

1811-07

Vacancy ID: 1366355

Announcement Number: PFP-15-1366355-B

Hiring Office: Pentagon Force Protection Agency

Results regarding your recent referral to the Hiring Official are as follows:

Referral Type: Open to all qualified candidates

Appointment Type: Permanent

Specialty / Grade: 1811 - 07

Promotion Potential: 12

Locations:

Falls Church, VA

Audit Code:

UN

Code Definition:

Certificate Unused

Code Explanation:

The hiring office that advertised this job has decided not to use the certificate, or list, of highly qualified candidates.

Thank you for your interest in Federal employment. You are encouraged to visit www.usajobs.gov to view additional Federal

employment opportunities and information.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE. IT IS AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED.

For additional information, please refer to the vacancy announcement for this position.

Leave a comment:

• Roninjin
    replied
    Got a ns email for the merit status certificate, not sure if I'm still in the running for their other certificate

Leave a comment:

• dosumthing
    replied
    Just got an e-mail stating that the certificate will be unused.... 2015 announcement

Leave a comment:

• rolandr5
    replied
    Originally posted by Roninjin View Post
    Has anyone heard anything yet? Have some BI visited reference back in Sept, after I interviewed and pt in Aug. It has been silence ever since.

Assuming that I'm in the internal BI investigation part, do we have to go through with the SF-86 once we have our T/O or will they grant us an interim and get us on asap?

Thanks
    I received a T/O a few weeks ago. They offered 7 step 01. I asked for step 8 given my current miltary pay grade amd sent them supporting documentation they requested. One week later they countered with...step 1. Which I took as an insult and declined entirely. If they wont even
    offer me step two, I can see how much they value their employees and attracting talent. Not worth cost of living and taxes in DC.

Hopefully frees up a slot for a single person

Leave a comment:

• Ranger175
    replied
    I was referred to the August GS 13 announcement and today I received an email with a security packet to fill out.

Anyone know how competitive these positions are? I'm not a 1811 but I was a local PD criminal investigator and a current FLEO. Basically, what are the chances of getting hired for a this position?

Leave a comment:

• Roninjin
    replied
    Has anyone heard anything yet? Have some BI visited reference back in Sept, after I interviewed and pt in Aug. It has been silence ever since.

Assuming that I'm in the internal BI investigation part, do we have to go through with the SF-86 once we have our T/O or will they grant us an interim and get us on asap?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Ranger175
    replied
    I was referred to the August GS 13 announcement and today I received an email with a security packet to fill out.

Anyone know how competitive these positions are? I'm not a 1811 but I was a local PD criminal investigator and a current FLEO. Basically, what are the chances of getting hired for a this position?

Leave a comment:

• AlwaysReady2000
    replied
    Originally posted by rolandr5 View Post
    Thanks for the insight man. I was also counting leap in the rough 70k base unless I'm missing something.
    So assuming they're unrealistically generous and they offer G7 step 10

GL7 Step 10 for Baltimore/DC including locality: 61,709 + LEAP 12,419.25 (25% of base not including locality) = $74,128.00. And that's before taxes.
    That is really tough to do for D.C when rents are around 1500 just for an apartment or town house with an hour+ drive.

I guess its ok if you're single. I really like the idea of this job but I don't know if I could live with such a huge quality of life drop.

Let me know if i'm missing some kind of added salary or something.
    I work in the DC area and none of the people I know actually live in DC. The costs are very high in DC proper instead all of us live in the surrounding cities within Maryland and Virginia. It's going to really come down to how much you're willing to commute. The further out you live from DC the cost of living is lower, the tradeoff is the longer commute. Most of us have been able to find a balance, I live about 20-30 mins from DC (depending on traffic) in Virginia. As an 1811 it's certainly doable, even at GS 7 step 10, just do your homework and you'll be fine. The sticker shock will wear off once you've been here for a bit and you'll adapt.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• AlwaysReady2000
    replied
    Originally posted by BD380 View Post
    Negative. PFPA 0083s are covered by LEOSA and can only carry a personally-owned firearm off duty.

PFPA 1811s can carry their agency-issued duty weapon off duty.

I am a current PFPA 1811, former PFPA 0083.
    Thank you. I've only been saying that for a few weeks now heh...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5330 users online. 314 members and 5016 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X