300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OnTheSpot View Post
    any one else get a TO? 0511 did you start medical yet?
    Still in the BI phase.
    The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• An investigator visited one of my references. So there's some movement

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
        An investigator visited one of my references. So there's some movement
        Me too, hopefully we see some movement soon.

Comment

• Glad to hear there is movement on BIs.

In the spirit of unfounded speculation let me throw out a timeline and see what you guys/gals think;
          Estimate a couple weeks for the recent TOs to get medically cleared and final portions of BIs done on others (now here is where the assumptions run crazy)…let’s say 3 weeks best case scenario for this healthy, well behaved group of prospects. IF classes are running every other week (big if) there could be 3 classes in March and EODs start on new pay periods so Feb 22, Mar 8, Mar 22 are likely candidates. Depending on how close their HR team can cut it then EOD for a mid-March class (shooting center mass) would come NLT Feb 20.

I will take friendly wagers on the over-under and if I am spot on then I will buy a round at the G-bar.

Maybe I have had too much coffee already this morning.

Comment

Glad to hear there is movement on BIs.

In the spirit of unfounded speculation let me throw out a timeline and see what you guys/gals think;
            Estimate a couple weeks for the recent TOs to get medically cleared and final portions of BIs done on others (now here is where the assumptions run crazy)…let’s say 3 weeks best case scenario for this healthy, well behaved group of prospects. IF classes are running every other week (big if) there could be 3 classes in March and EODs start on new pay periods so Feb 22, Mar 8, Mar 22 are likely candidates. Depending on how close their HR team can cut it then EOD for a mid-March class (shooting center mass) would come NLT Feb 20.

I will take friendly wagers on the over-under and if I am spot on then I will buy a round at the G-bar.

I sure hope your estimate is on the spot

Comment

• I see what you did there.

Comment

Glad to hear there is movement on BIs.

For what it's worth a good buddy of mine just got offered an 1811 position with HSI and his start date is March 22nd. So you might be "speculating" better than you think.
                Last edited by Prada Police; 01-22-2015, 06:36 PM.
                "I am not a federal employee, I am a constitutional officer. I am not a government employee, I am in the Constitution. My job is the Constitution of the United States!"

**The American people are not anti-immigrant. We are concerned about the lack of coherence in our immigration policy and enforcement.**

Comment

• Originally posted by Prada Police View Post
                  For what it's worth a good buddy of mine just got offered an 1811 position with HSI and his start date is March 22nd. So you might be "speculating" better than you think.
                  Was your buddy in that group that was waiting for several years? Glad to hear they got EODs.

I can't imagine staying on the hook so long. I am anxious enough after a few months. Hopefully I am clairvoyant and we will hear something soon.

Comment

Was your buddy in that group that was waiting for several years? Glad to hear they got EODs.

I can't imagine staying on the hook so long. I am anxious enough after a few months. Hopefully I am clairvoyant and we will hear something soon.

Yah he actually is part of that group. He applied to the 2011 Vets preference announcement. I am glad he finally got the position he wants even though the location is highly undesirable (south west border) imagine that.

ICE/HSI along with a few other big agencies like DEA are pretty notorious for dragging the process for years. You just have to forget about it and move on with life (very hard to do, I know).

Cheers to you hopefully being right though!!
                    "I am not a federal employee, I am a constitutional officer. I am not a government employee, I am in the Constitution. My job is the Constitution of the United States!"

**The American people are not anti-immigrant. We are concerned about the lack of coherence in our immigration policy and enforcement.**

Comment

• Got scheduled for fingerprinting/drug test today.

Comment

• Originally posted by 0511 View Post
                        Got scheduled for fingerprinting/drug test today.
                        Fingerprints? Is that part of e-qip?

Glad to hear you're moving along! Alright scout, you seem to have the most contact at this point so each time you talk to them you gotta grill 'em for a timeline. I believe in you.

Comment

Fingerprints? Is that part of e-qip?

Glad to hear you're moving along! Alright scout, you seem to have the most contact at this point so each time you talk to them you gotta grill 'em for a timeline. I believe in you.
                          I've tried they aren't saying nothing lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 0511 View Post
                            Got scheduled for fingerprinting/drug test today.
                            That's for in house stuff... Did you get your building pass as well?

Comment

• Hopefully, next week brings good news for us.

Comment

• Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) 1811

Originally posted by Code12911 View Post
                                That's for in house stuff... Did you get your building pass as well?
                                Whoa, building pass? You're talkin' "welcome to the team" stuff. It seems like we are all doing portions that strongly suggest we are good to go, but they won't give us any hint of info about a final offer or class date.

This is like perpetually flirting with a girl and then when you ask her out she is "busy". Is she legit busy or giving me the brush off? Federal 1811 hiring is like dating. I am ready to be a married 1811 now please!
                                Last edited by OnTheSpot; 01-25-2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5299 users online. 312 members and 4987 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X