300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA) 1811

I missed the recent 1811 GS-7 announcement for the Pentagon Force Protection Agency, but it got me wondering if anyone on here has worked for/with them or know details about this agency and more specifically their 1811s? My outsider search yielded minimal results besides the expired announcement, agency mission, basic hiring process, and a few old forums where no one seemed to get hired.

I would love to know the make up or size of the agency, hiring process length, how long agents stay with the agency, and/or any insight that might be out there.

Bump, any current info on casework, travel, morale, equipment (cars?), morale would be appreciated.

Originally posted by NothingFancy View Post
    I missed the recent 1811 GS-7 announcement for the Pentagon Force Protection Agency, but it got me wondering if anyone on here has worked for/with them or know details about this agency and more specifically their 1811s? My outsider search yielded minimal results besides the expired announcement, agency mission, basic hiring process, and a few old forums where no one seemed to get hired.

I would love to know the make up or size of the agency, hiring process length, how long agents stay with the agency, and/or any insight that might be out there.

Comment

Generally 1811's are hired from within.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

There was a documentary I watched once and they had the inside of protecting the pent. In fact I am sure it is on youtube. It showed maybe 2 1811's that were former 1811s with another agency. I do not think there are a lot for that federal police agency.
        Last edited by service4others; 07-30-2014, 06:49 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

There is a documentary about this agency on youtube. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
            Generally 1811's are hired from within.
            Latest announcement was for US Citizens and Status Candidates at GL-07. I was found qualified and referred to PFPA and I'm not a PFPA employee, a prior 1811, or degree complete. Pretty much means I'm not getting the job, but I was at least referred for consideration. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by 5149.5 View Post
              Latest announcement was for US Citizens and Status Candidates at GL-07. I was found qualified and referred to PFPA and I'm not a PFPA employee, a prior 1811, or degree complete. Pretty much means I'm not getting the job, but I was at least referred for consideration. We'll see what happens.
              I applied for that gig myself, and I got an email that said I was qualified but my score wasn't high enough to be referred, then shortly after I got another email saying that I was referred. Strange. So like you said "We'll see what happens"

Comment

Originally posted by MetroEast View Post
                I applied for that gig myself, and I got an email that said I was qualified but my score wasn't high enough to be referred, then shortly after I got another email saying that I was referred. Strange. So like you said "We'll see what happens"

Weird my status still hasn't changed from received and I applied as well. Usually usajobs will at least say they reviewed your resume unless they are still going through them.
                Last edited by Usmc1586; 07-31-2014, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5149.5 View Post
                  same here, referred to selecting official, non-pfpa employee. Would love to hear if anyone has any current info on the job. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by yea_buddy2 View Post
                    same here, referred to selecting official, non-pfpa employee. Would love to hear if anyone has any current info on the job. Thanks

When did your status change if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
                      Weird my status still hasn't changed from received and I applied as well. Usually usajobs will at least say they reviewed your resume unless they are still going through them.
                      Don't take that status as gospel. Maybe usajobs just hasn't updated it. I have an app with DHS that still just says "Reviewed" but I know for a fact I've been referred because I've already done one interview and have others lined up. My ATF app just says "Received" but when you go to the career connector website, it says qualified at GS whatever and referred to selecting official.

Hang in there

Comment

Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
                        When did your status change if you don't mind me asking?
                        A couple days ago

Comment

I was referred as well and I am a current employee... My status changed to referred on USAJobs also. Best of luck to everyone!

Comment

Word on the block is there were over 1000+ applicants for this position. Sooooooo, I'm sure many were referred but the true test will be who gets the interview. Best of luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Code12911 View Post
                              I was referred as well and I am a current employee... My status changed to referred on USAJobs also. Best of luck to everyone!
                              Any info on type of cases worked, equipment, work schedule/call-outs, overall morale? Would like some inside info other than a 5-minute 'documentary'

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2655 users online. 144 members and 2511 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X