300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief's Interview

Is it normal or does it ever occur for a Chief not to give out conditional offers at the interview with him/her?

In regards to the fact I had my Chief's interview 2 weeks ago today. He said it would be about two weeks to hear something.

Should I send an email to his assistant after 3 weeks? I understand being patient is important and I expect the only replies to say "be patient", which I'd be fine with. Just wanted to see if there were any experiences out there.

No, it is not unusual.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Another question: Let's say a department of 43 sworn officers and two detectives is hiring and 10 people pass the Chief's Interview I just mentioned. Do they generally do everyone's background check at once or one/two at a time?

Comment

I imagine it depends on how many they are looking to hire and how they run their process. We wouldn't do more than three for one position; they may do everyone.

Comment

You can write a professional after-interview letter and snail mail it. Google tips on regular after-interview protocol and how to write a letter after the interview. Applicants in corporate world typically do this; however, I've applied this in law enforcement and it works well. I was in a panel interview with several members of command staff and made certain I memorized each person's name and assignment and mailed them each a different letter tailored to the questions they asked me in the interview.

Thank them for their time, reemphasize your qualifications briefly and perhaps re-mention something that was brought up in the interview. For example, if they asked you about integrity in the interview, a quick line or two about how much that trait is important to you and how you reflect it through past experiences.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1508 View Post
            You can write a professional after-interview letter and snail mail it. Google tips on regular after-interview protocol and how to write a letter after the interview. Applicants in corporate world typically do this; however, I've applied this in law enforcement and it works well. I was in a panel interview with several members of command staff and made certain I memorized each person's name and assignment and mailed them each a different letter tailored to the questions they asked me in the interview.

Thank them for their time, reemphasize your qualifications briefly and perhaps re-mention something that was brought up in the interview. For example, if they asked you about integrity in the interview, a quick line or two about how much that trait is important to you and how you reflect it through past experiences.

Hope it helps.
            Thanks for this, I of course did send a letter to the chief post interview explaining my thanks.

I think I misstated my question.

Do police departments generally do the background check on all applicants moving on in the process at once, or do the background checks a few at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by Daddynexxus View Post
              Thanks for this, I of course did send a letter to the chief post interview explaining my thanks.

I think I misstated my question.

Do police departments generally do the background check on all applicants moving on in the process at once, or do the background checks a few at a time?
              That really depends on the totality of the circumstances.

Each department will have different policies, budget, and timelines. Some agencies will have many background investigators that can handle a large caseload, and some agencies, like my former agency, only had one background investigator whom was also the agency recruiter, the agency training manager and the rangemaster. With that being said, he processed everything he could as quickly as he could around handling everything else... If your application is neat and legible, you did everything that they asked of you within the timeline presented, and you provided all the documentation per the checklist, then your background may move a little faster than others who forgot to attach a document or improperly filled out their background paperwork, etc.

There is really no telling as there are too many variables.

Comment

Well here's another one. I did my suitability screener exactly 2 weeks and a day ago today. I was told it takes generally 10 days to get results. Should I wait or email the BI?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6121 users online. 349 members and 5772 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X