300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding out duty location, CBP Officer

I just received my test score of a 94 for the most recent CBP Officer exam, I currently work for the BOP in the South and am looking to move back up north. I put Midwest as my region for CBP but that includes so many states. At what point does Customs tell you where they are hiring for in the region, do they give you choices? I am trying to get to Chicago.

Originally posted by SouthernTransfer View Post
    I just received my test score of a 94 for the most recent CBP Officer exam, I currently work for the BOP in the South and am looking to move back up north. I put Midwest as my region for CBP but that includes so many states. At what point does Customs tell you where they are hiring for in the region, do they give you choices? I am trying to get to Chicago.
    The title of the office is no longer "Customs" it's OFO which is a office within the agency called CBP.

CBP-OFO will tell you the exact list of duty locations avalible within the geographic region you chose on your application when they actually call you to order you to report for work after ALL steps of the process are totally completed you can be offered one or many duty locations to report to for your initial duty location so choose wisely when the time comes. After ALL pre employment steps are completed you will be put on a ready to hire list called "TSU-Training & as Scheduling Unit". When your number comes up on the TSU waiting list they will call you and give you a choice of locations for you to choose from to report two and a report date
    HSI Agent Timeline-

Applied online - March and June 2011 (VRA/Public)
    Test (New Orleans) - June 11, 2011
    Oral Board - Oct 4, 2011
    TO arrived Oct 26, 2011
    e-QIP sent - Oct 28, 2011
    Credit Check pulled Nov 4, 2011
    Medical - Nov 8, 2011
    PPD read and Med packet sent to CHS Nov 10, 2011
    (2/6/2012 BI - EOD clearance granted)
    (Med Cleared on 02/22/2012)
    Redid entire Med Exam- early 2015
    Received FLETC EOD date- Expected EOD on 6/14/2015

Comment

Don't make any plans. It'll be at least two years from your notice of results. And you'll probably get the southwest border no matter what you put or at least that's what the patrol does
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4356 users online. 239 members and 4117 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X