300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis area munis

I'm trying to figure out which municipals in the St. Louis County area sponsor POST education at the Academy. Several I've seen require certification prior to hiring, but I've heard that some sponsor as well. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time.

Chesterfield does occasionally, Webster, Clayton and maybe a few others. Usually the open enrollment recruits compete for muni jobs that open up. But county grabs a few more of those along the way as well.

Comment

Thanks! I found that Sunset Hills sponsors. I looked at Webster, and it seems they require POST (or ability to get POST) before employment. Thanks, again!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Spaz View Post
        Thanks! I found that Sunset Hills sponsors. I looked at Webster, and it seems they require POST (or ability to get POST) before employment. Thanks, again!
        Airport PD used to be one but, they got absorbed by St. Metro PD. Chesterfield maybe. University City maybe, when I was looking at U-City a few years back they were on a push to hire black females. again that was a few years back; I'm not sure about present date. Clayton will every so often. Here's the deal; most of the muni's want you to come through the door being post certified or at least in the academy then they'll talk to you. I'm not saying it can't happen, it's tough though. Just keep plugging away!

On a side note, I would assume you're in the Stl. Metro area, you might want to come over to my side of the river (Metro East) a lot of departments will start their testing process this fall. Anyway good luck with whatever you decide.
        Last edited by STL; 07-18-2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6877 users online. 367 members and 6510 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X