300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct hire?s

Last week I got a call from Who I assume is someone in the V.A.s H.R. dept, and she asked if I was still interested in the police officer job I of course said yes, (the actual job posting I applied for closed and I was not selected somtime last year), But she said I was selected for direct hire and the Chief would be in touch soon. Any one ever been through this process? or what should I expect?

Google VRA direct hire

Comment

Yeah talked to the Chief today and got the formal job offer! He said if u have the right combo of l/e experience and veterans preference they do not have to advertise the posting. Something along those lines.

Comment

Congrats man. I have found through trial and error and experience with the government, that most HR offices or agencies either don't know about direct hire, or choose not to use it. It is an easier and faster way to get people to fill in the positions, so they could use it that way.

The way I read feds hire vets awhile go is that you can contact an agency directly and tell them about your skills, and be places on a list or roster. If they want to bring someone one with those exact skills, they can hire the people on the list without advertising. How many agencies hire this way? I am not sure. Most supervisors at my work didn't know about it.
        Either way, congrats.

Comment

Thanks! I have honestly applied for tons of federal jobs over the past 4 years with no luck, it kinda makes me mad that all they had to do was say hey hire that guy! I wonder why more agencies don't use this? Hell maybe they do? And I just happen to get lucky this go around.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3663 users online. 195 members and 3468 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X