Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 United States Park Police vacancy announcement D.C. S.F. N.Y.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 United States Park Police vacancy announcement D.C. S.F. N.Y.

New U.S. Park Police vacancy announcement open 6/20-7/9.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/373095600

This is, in my opinion, the best Officer (0083) position in the federal government. Looking to hire a class of 12-24 as of now and tentatively beginning in February 2015.

I'll try and answer any questions anyone may have, through this thread or PM.

Would a bachelors degree in CRJ with a 3.3 GPA with part time security experience suffice, or should I not even bother?

Comment

I applied earlier today seems like a great job with lots of different kinds of enforcement. Would love to get on board. What exactly is the agency looking for? I'm a Patrol agent with less than 2 years and no college degree so I figured I have no chance but applied anyways
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Originally posted by Racecar View Post
        Would a bachelors degree in CRJ with a 3.3 GPA with part time security experience suffice, or should I not even bother?
        I got in with similar credentials right out of college with retail work experience, so yes. USPP typically hires a diverse class of people from all kinds of backgrounds.
        Last edited by USPP-Echo; 06-20-2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
          I applied earlier today seems like a great job with lots of different kinds of enforcement. Would love to get on board. What exactly is the agency looking for? I'm a Patrol agent with less than 2 years and no college degree so I figured I have no chance but applied anyways
          I don't believe USPP is looking for any particular type of person or background. If you meet the minimum qualifications you'll be able to begin the hiring process. Then your chances are based entirely on your performance on the testing, PEB, interview etc.

Comment

10-4. We shall see. DC would be close to home for me, but I checked all three locations. I checked both us citizens and status competitive boxes for the application (it was multiple choice), hope I want supposed to check just status competitive. Will call Monday

Does the pay on the announcement have locality pay in it? How does grade promotion work? Time-in promotions to what grade before competitive grades?
            Last edited by battlewagon; 06-20-2014, 08:41 PM.
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

I applied today, we'll see what happens. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                10-4. We shall see. DC would be close to home for me, but I checked all three locations. I checked both us citizens and status competitive boxes for the application (it was multiple choice), hope I want supposed to check just status competitive. Will call Monday

Does the pay on the announcement have locality pay in it? How does grade promotion work? Time-in promotions to what grade before competitive grades?
                D.C. starts at $52,541
                S.F starts at $57,164
                N.Y. starts at $54,445

Each year is a step increase for the first 3 years, then its every 2 years or so after that. You get an increase in pay-grade if you get promoted, which you are eligible to apply for after 3-4 years.

With Sunday premium pay, night differential, holiday pay and overtime, most officers make anywhere from 10-20k in addition to their base salary, even during your first year on. I cleared 70k my first year, and I did not work a whole lot of overtime.

Comment

What is on the Physical Agility test and what are the minimum times?

Comment

Originally posted by Raidergx View Post
                    What is on the Physical Agility test and what are the minimum times?
                    The agility test is the Illinois Agility Test. It is basically a cone run where you weave in and out. Not too hard, but I would practice it before you go.

Comment

Starting at 57 with a possible increase of 20k puts you just south of 80,000. Life will be very tough for you if you don't get that OT or other pays added to your check if you are assigned to SF.

This is one of the more active Federal Agencies. No, I do not work for them or for any Agency in SF, but I live on the Peninsula and it ain't cheap.

Good Luck to you all.
                      semper destravit

Comment

Glad USPP finally opened up! I have been watching/waiting for awhile now. Good luck to all in the process!

Comment

I read the qualifications and requirements and haven't seen any tattoo policy, does one exist?

Comment

i applied, would like to stay in California but anywhere with the USPP would be great
                            good luck everyone

Comment

What is the passing percentile for the PEB?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6200 users online. 397 members and 5803 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X