300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health And Human Services - OIG 1811

Anyone working for the Department Of Health And Human Services as an 1811? I saw 2 openings last month on USAJobs for two separate locations in Michigan.

Just looking for some insight into the agency, I'm assuming most of this will be Medicare-food stamp fraud cases, economic crime cases.

Any input from anyone would be great, thanks

Originally posted by DiverB72 View Post
    Anyone working for the Department Of Health And Human Services as an 1811? I saw 2 openings last month on USAJobs for two separate locations in Michigan.

Just looking for some insight into the agency, I'm assuming most of this will be Medicare-food stamp fraud cases, economic crime cases.

Any input from anyone would be great, thanks
    USDA-OIG typically investigates food stamp fraud.

Comment

no shortage of that in Michigan. Thanks

Comment

Post Deleted
        Last edited by Piko; 03-01-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I always assumed when any agency has two slots nationwide, that announcement was made solely to allow someone to transfer there who is already with that agency
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Piko,

Thank you, that is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I'm currently in Kuwait as the Special Agent in Charge for an ARMY CID Office, and were working several Contract Fraud Cases in the 7 figure range and one of the civilian 1811 Agents mentioned to me about HHS. They posted an opening in Detroit and then a few weeks later they posted for Grand Rapids, MI.

I can see the learning curve for health care being steep. Some of the fraud cases we have here are so many levels and just following the money changing hands to different shell corporations is mind boggling since many of the companies are located in different countries, and I still don't feel 100% like I "Got it". Were handling more sexual assault cases than fraud right now, but the fraud cases are huge on the radar of the boss's in D.C due to the amount of money.

I'd like to leave the Border Patrol and get into a 1811 position with another agency. If I can get on with HHS in Michigan then I don't need to sell my home and move, but if not then I will likely have to move to another state.

Thank you again for all the good information

Comment

Post Deleted
              Last edited by Piko; 03-01-2015, 03:58 PM. Reason: Added more info

Comment

Piko,

Again thank you for the information, better than any recruiter could give me, lol. I finish my deployment here in Kuwait in Sept., I'm hoping it takes some time for the process so I can get home to interview and go through the process. Good advice on calling the SAC. I don't know anyone who works for HHS, but I don't mind cold calling the office.

HHS is of course getting LEAP, correct? I assume since I'm a 12 step 5 I would come in at that level until I make my 13. Sound about right?

Comment

Post Deleted

Comment

Lol, Thanks Piko. I was class 574, the first class to attend the 6 day week academy at Glynco. The Army CID Course is FLETC accredited and is 5 months long. Its pretty much the same as CITP, with the exception the Army really focus's on crime scene and evidence processing more and the law classes are tailored to the UCMJ for obvious reasons.

Hey I was looking at the website and under Region 5 it only lists the Chicago Office phone number, any way you can hook up a PA brother with the number to the Grand Rapids Field Office, maybe even a POC e-mail? PM it to me if you can. So far on USAJobs its just showing as Received, but again those postings just closed a few days ago. I check everyday.

Where did you do your time on the line? I was in Ajo for 5yrs and then took a VRP to Detroit where I'm at now.

Comment

Post Deleted

Comment

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                        I always assumed when any agency has two slots nationwide, that announcement was made solely to allow someone to transfer there who is already with that agency
                        I think it depends. If the announcement is open to agency employees only (and further restricted by a qualifying factor like "must have completed XX training" or "must have experience investigating YY,") then that's probably the case.
                        "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Originally posted by DOA-DOL-DOJ-DHS
                          Unless something has changed, and correct me if it has, but HHS Doesn't have general arrest authority unless they get deputized by USMarshal and work most big cases with FBI?
                          I think that changed after 9/11. When I was with SSA-OIG back in the late 90's, that was the case. But I think all (or most?) IG's got statutory authority after 9/11. Not 100% on that, though.
                          "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLine View Post
                            I think that changed after 9/11. When I was with SSA-OIG back in the late 90's, that was the case. But I think all (or most?) IG's got statutory authority after 9/11. Not 100% on that, though.
                            You are correct. It passed in 2002, but was pending pre-9/11.

https://www.ignet.gov/pande/standard...guidelines.pdf
                            I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Anyone else receive notice of results from DHHS??? I just received mine saying that I'm eligible until 09/04/2014.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4369 users online. 253 members and 4116 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X