Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currentwinner
    replied
    Nope. Not a stitch of a difference. It just came out a tad bit later than the ones we got before. My hopes are high for tentative offers in February

Leave a comment:

• T-Man Hopeful
    replied
    I am curious to see if the monthly email update for January is any different than the prior months now that we have an actual budget.

Leave a comment:

• Currentwinner
    replied
    Originally posted by T-Man Hopeful View Post
    I have no new info for you, but I like the enthusiasm!

Maybe the IRS gets a modest budget increase from this deal, issues tentative offers by year-end, and is able to run 4-6 FLETC classes in FY 2017. Fingers crossed!
    Happy New Year. I thought this forum was dead and stopped checking it. I'm really bummed that there was basically no movement last year because of budget problems but this year has potential for us getting tentative offers.

Leave a comment:

• T-Man Hopeful
    replied
    I have no new info for you, but I like the enthusiasm!

Maybe the IRS gets a modest budget increase from this deal, issues tentative offers by year-end, and is able to run 4-6 FLETC classes in FY 2017. Fingers crossed!

Leave a comment:

• dp215
    replied
    Firing up this bad boy again in the name of optimism. Cat A candidate here waiting on TO!

Hearing some rumblings about the FY16 budget talks being stalled, etc.

Anyone have some insight into the priority of IRS-CI classes when the budget comes out?

Anyone have any insight at all? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Currentwinner
    replied
    Hey guys! I don't have a member name on federalsoup but I do follow it. There's a lot of people on there and I see you guys too.

I have an interview with TIGTA coming up soon so that will keep me pretty busy for the next month.

Leave a comment:

• T-Man Hopeful
    replied
    Hey guys. I had given up on this forum due to lack of activity. I just randomly decided to take a look today. I passed Phase 4 also, Cat A.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyguy23
    replied
    Currentwinner, are you on federal soup? there is a lot more activity regarding IRS-CI over there and we have a list going of applicants in the process. but with that being said congrats on passing the SAC - I passed Cat A as well!

Leave a comment:

• Currentwinner
    replied
    I got my results today! I passed phase 4 and now it's just smoothe sailing and waiting on this damn budget!!!! I'm extra excited!

Leave a comment:

• Currentwinner
    replied
    Originally posted by Currentwinner View Post
    Very reliable sources. One is a budget analyst with good knowledge of resources and funding. They are working hard to allocate funds but said if the IRS budget is cut there probably wont be ANY classes. So lets hope for the budget to at least not be cut.

No idea on TOs though.
    The wait is killing me! How have those that interviewed in Decemeber made it this long! People that don't know about the process are telling me they probably hired someone else and I'm like that's not how it works! They don't understand the long wait, even my coworkers, and I like oh well....stop asking me for updates. In really hoping to find out in May before my birthday.

Leave a comment:

• Currentwinner
    replied
    Very reliable sources. One is a budget analyst with good knowledge of resources and funding. They are working hard to allocate funds but said if the IRS budget is cut there probably wont be ANY classes. So lets hope for the budget to at least not be cut.

No idea on TOs though.

Leave a comment:

• Capet
    replied
    10 classes? reliable source?

Any idea when results or TO's will be going out?

Leave a comment:

• Currentwinner
    replied
    My sources say they are looking to fund at least 10 classes next year. Of course, that can all change based on the budget that we receive. With republicans in control, that can spell trouble as they are still looking to punish the IRS for the scandal with Lois Lerner and expensive videos/training.

I don't know if I am what they are looking for but I do hope to find out if I at least get a TO soon.

Leave a comment:

• Inspecting117
    replied
    Count me in... still here

Anxiously waiting for those next steps!

I think all signs look good for next year's budget... but no promises of course till it's all said and done

Leave a comment:

• Currentwinner
    replied
    Man its quiet! Interviews are over this week so results should be coming out in as little as 2 weeks or as much as 2 months. Who knows. In the meantime, I did end up applying for TIGTA as a just in case but IRS CI is the job I want!

How many of us do you think are left from this discussion board? I didn't feel like going over and counting but I say 4 or 5 which is why it is so quiet.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5223 users online. 310 members and 4913 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X