300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with info on the assessment?
    Last edited by LadyKiller; 06-16-2014, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
      Anyone with info on the assessment?
      That's the way to do it! I need to find a job where they are willing to foot the bill for another degree.

Comment

I have yet to receive an email with a category rating, but my "IRS Seeker" page states:
        "Grade 07:Scheduling for an Assessment"

I am taking that as a good sign that I made it past review

Comment

Originally posted by saone View Post
          I have yet to receive an email with a category rating, but my "IRS Seeker" page states:
          "Grade 07:Scheduling for an Assessment"

I am taking that as a good sign that I made it past review

Check your spam folder, that's where the emails went.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBulls View Post
            I checked it. Nothing there. But, I know these automated systems can be weird sometimes. If I don't see the test invite email when the rest of you are talking about it, then I will start to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBulls View Post
              Well, I stand corrected. It was in a spam folder (I guess I have two now???). Thanks! Cat A for me as well.
              Good luck to all in the process!

Comment

I received my category A rating email as well, but no other email in my spam or regular inbox. IRS seeker also says "Scheduling for an assessment" According to the announcement, it looks like we will be taking an online test at home, then if we pass that we take another test at a proctored location.

Comment

Phase 1 - Occupational Questionnaire: If an applicant meets the minimum qualifications requirements, his/her experience, education, and training will be rated using an online occupational questionnaire. Based on the responses to the questions, applicants will be tentatively placed into quality Categories A, B and C. If an applicant meets the minimum qualifications and initial Category A requirements, he/she will be invited to participate in the first phase of testing: a Realistic Job Preview video with follow-up questions, and the CI Job Simulation I (see additional information under Phase 2 below).

Phase 2 - Online Assessments (un-proctored): All tentatively eligible applicants who meet the initial Category A requirements will be invited to move forward in the selection process and participate in a set of un-proctored online assessments: a Realistic Job Preview (RJP) video and the CI Job Simulation I. The RJP consists of a 10-minute video applicants will view then answer a series of follow-up questions assessing their fit and eligibility for the IRS CI position. Applicants who are eligible to continue past this point will go on to complete an on-line job simulation assessment. The CI Job Simulation I is designed to replicate the real life work challenges of the special agent position and continues to verify applicants’ qualifications and measure the critical competencies required of an IRS Special Agent including: Decision Making, Reasoning, Problem Solving, Learning, Teamwork, Stress Tolerance, Flexibility, and Influencing/Negotiating. Applicants will have one hour and 25 minutes to complete the online job simulation.

Applicants who pass the Phase 2 on-line assessments will have their résumé and supporting documentation reviewed to ensure they meet the basic qualification requirements. Qualified applicants will then be invited to schedule and complete the next phase of testing in a proctored testing environment.

Phase 3 - Special Agent Test Battery (proctored): Qualified applicants who pass Phase 2 will be invited to schedule and complete a computerized competency-based assessment battery. The special agent test battery is administered via the World Wide Web at more than 500 nationwide test centers. Applicants can schedule a time to take the test battery over a two-week open testing period. Two tests are included in the Phase 3 test battery, the multiple-choice Special Agent Knowledge and Skill Examination (SA KaSE), and the CI Job Simulation II. These multi-media assessments measure numerous general and technical competencies required for the CI position including Accounting Principles, Logical Reasoning, Problem Solving, Arithmetic, Writing, Decision-Making, Interpersonal Skills, etc. Applicants must pass the SA KaSE and CI Job Simulation II to be invited to the final phase of competency-based assessment, the Skills Assessment Center.

Phase 4 - Skills Assessment Center (in-person): Applicants who pass Phase 3 testing, will be invited to a final phase of competency-based assessment, the in-person Skills Assessment Center at an IRS Field Office location. The Skills Assessment Center (SAC) consists of two Writing Sample Assessments and a panel-based Structured Interview:

Writing Sample Assessments - The writing sample exercises will require applicants to provide written narratives based on a series of stimulus materials that model the types of information candidates may analyze and write reports on in the actual special agent job. The writing exercises evaluate an applicant’s overall writing ability, organization and structure, development of ideas and presentation of conclusions, ability to synthesize and summarize information, grammar, punctuation, spelling and vocabulary. Writing exercises are scored by teams of trained special agent assessors using standardized rating criteria. Applicants must pass both writing exercises to continue to be eligible for selection.
                  Structured Interview - Two trained senior level criminal investigators administer the structured interview. The interview consists of situational questions that do not require technical knowledge or previous law enforcement experience. All applicants will be asked the same set of standardized questions and rated based on pre-determined benchmarks of proficiency. The structured interview assesses an applicant’s Judgment and Decision-Making skills, Teamwork, Influencing/Negotiating, Interpersonal Skills, Stress Tolerance, Flexibility, Conscientiousness and Integrity, Attention to Detail, and Oral Communication. These competencies are essential to success as an IRS Special Agent. Candidates must receive a "pass" in all competency areas measured by the structured interview in order to progress in the hiring process.
                  Candidates who pass the Skills Assessment Center exercises (writing samples and interview) will be placed into final quality categories (A and B) based on pre-established benchmarks of performance. Only those in the top quality Category, Category A, will move forward in the hiring process.

Post Phase 4 Selection Certificate: Applicants’ final category assignments determine the order in which they are considered for the position. Applicants must have met Category A criteria at each phase of the assessment process to be placed on the selection certificate for consideration by the selecting official. Those applicants selected will receive a tentative job offer pending completion of the Pre-employment Process.

Special Agent Pre-Employment Process

Candidates given a tentative job offer must satisfactorily complete four requirements prior to entering a GL-1811, Criminal Investigator Special Agent position and attend training at Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC). These requirements are:

Submit to a drug test and receive a negative result.
                  Submit to an agency-provided physical examination and meet the medical requirements of the position as outlined in the OPM qualification standards.
                  Initiate paperwork and receive a favorable determination based on a full background investigation.
                  Undergo and satisfactorily complete a pre-appointment tax audit.
                  Candidates who pass the Skills Assessment Center exercises (writing samples and interview) will be placed into final quality categories (A, B, or C) based on pre-established benchmarks of performance. Only those in the top quality Category, Category A, will move forward in the hiring process.

Hope that helps. From this site:
                  http://jobs.irs.gov/student/cisa-qualifications.html

Comment

Not to cast a shadow of doubt on those in the process, but the IRS has been known to be unbelievably selective regarding "qualifying experience" for those without the accounting hours. If I'm correct, the process goes…apply…eligible…category rating, based ONLY on questionnaire responses. NOW, an HR rep will review the apps and unfortunately deem half or so ineligible. Sad thing is a lot of it comes down to whether or not the specific HR rep thinks your experience counts. A coworker of mine, 1811, GS-13, applied back in the fall using experience and got squashed by HR. Obviously not saying everyone else will, but his resume seemed pretty tight, and hell he had just got done working a joint case with IRS. He literally was having to explain himself on the phone to the HR rep, whose response was…meh sorry. Good luck everyone.

Comment

And just to clarify…he was rated Category A, then squashed by HR 2-3 weeks later.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grizz View Post
                        And just to clarify…he was rated Category A, then squashed by HR 2-3 weeks later.
                        Looks like this review will happen after we take the online test (see second paragraph under Phase Two above). Thanks for the info on this!

Comment

Anyone recently receive an email with a link, username, and password to the online assessment?

I received a "panpowered" link, but when I click the link it doesn't open. Not sure if this is a browser issue (tried safari and firefox - neither were successful).

Perhaps the link isn't "live" yet.

Comment

I received the same email, and am having similar issues.

Comment

Originally posted by SAapplicant View Post
                              I received the same email, and am having similar issues.
                              Same here, however, I just got another email with the correct link. Deadline to take the test is 7/1/14.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grizz View Post
                                Not to cast a shadow of doubt on those in the process, but the IRS has been known to be unbelievably selective regarding "qualifying experience" for those without the accounting hours. If I'm correct, the process goes…apply…eligible…category rating, based ONLY on questionnaire responses. NOW, an HR rep will review the apps and unfortunately deem half or so ineligible. Sad thing is a lot of it comes down to whether or not the specific HR rep thinks your experience counts. A coworker of mine, 1811, GS-13, applied back in the fall using experience and got squashed by HR. Obviously not saying everyone else will, but his resume seemed pretty tight, and hell he had just got done working a joint case with IRS. He literally was having to explain himself on the phone to the HR rep, whose response was…meh sorry. Good luck everyone.
                                I don't have a dog in this fight (neither applicant or employee), however I would like to say to the applicants w/o the necessary 15 hours of accounting courses, use your accounting experience as much as possible to qualify even if it means taking a GS-5 position. In the end if you're disqualified you have nothing to loose, however I can guarantee you, some will qualify based upon experience and you definitely want to be that applicant.

Good Luck,
                                The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5411 users online. 326 members and 5085 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X