300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
    i wouldnt assume youve met the qualifications for that grade, other than the bare minimum the initial screening program uses. I got two emails, one for 7 and 9
    Yes, but I didn't receive two emails like you say you did. I just received one, with the 9 ranking. I am also a current GL-9 FED LEO. So maybe that helps, but who knows. Only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
      Associates Degree, 3 B.S. degrees, and two M.S. degrees.
      Holy **** man, were they giving 2 for 1 specials at your college? You could cover a roof with all those degrees.

Comment

Hopefully this isn't a lame post. I saw the opening, but after I reviewed the minimum requirements I saw that I missed the accounting requirement by a class or two in college. I decided not to apply because of that. It looks like others found themselves in the same boat, but applied anyway. Does the IRS choose to overlook that requirement in some cases? Does anyone here know anyone who slipped through the cracks? I'm new to the applicant process and just hoping I didn't let one slip by...thoughts?
        The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
        Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
        Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

Originally posted by bruddah View Post
          Hopefully this isn't a lame post. I saw the opening, but after I reviewed the minimum requirements I saw that I missed the accounting requirement by a class or two in college. I decided not to apply because of that. It looks like others found themselves in the same boat, but applied anyway. Does the IRS choose to overlook that requirement in some cases? Does anyone here know anyone who slipped through the cracks? I'm new to the applicant process and just hoping I didn't let one slip by...thoughts?
          I too do not have the accounting requirement. But, you could also qualify based on experience which is the route I went. My current work involves analyzing financials. I asked around a bit about that accounting requirement and if you are qualifying on education alone, you really do need the 15 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by saone View Post
            I too do not have the accounting requirement. But, you could also qualify based on experience which is the route I went. My current work involves analyzing financials. I asked around a bit about that accounting requirement and if you are qualifying on education alone, you really do need the 15 hours.
            Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm having to go off of education. Good luck!
            The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
            Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
            Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

Wow I cant believe I missed this again. Is there any way to set up an alert next time this opens? With 200 vacancies they will probably be good for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc000 View Post
                Wow I cant believe I missed this again. Is there any way to set up an alert next time this opens? With 200 vacancies they will probably be good for a while.
                Yep, you can set USAjobs to email you alerts. I have mine set to "daily" for all 1811 jobs at the 7/9/11 level.

Comment

I have 7+ years fed LEO (covered but not 1811) and a masters degree in CJ. No accounting experience or background. I'm a current GS12 looking for a change. I hope I'm qualified, but understanding no accounting maybe knock me out. Anyone know about the hiring process, physical test such as run etc, pysch or poly, timeline...?

Comment

: Deleted Post :
                    Last edited by nym01827; 08-02-2014, 10:08 PM.

Comment

All,

I received an email this morning giving me my Notice of Rating Score from the most recent announcement that stated, "Determination: Category A". It also stated, "You will be receiving correspondence via e-mail informing you of the next step in the application process for the online assessment". The website is pretty vague on what exactly this assessment will cover. Can anyone share the topics the online assessment will cover?

Also, any info on the entire process as a whole would be greatly appreciated. I have been through the HSI/ICE 1811 process with success but postponed due to budgetary issues. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

As far as my background I have 5 years LE experience and a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice. I have worked on criminal money laundering cases, but have 0 classes in accounting.

Comment

Check your spam folder. Recent email regarding status was sitting there (and first emails came directly to inbox). Good luck to all!

Comment

Cat A for me as well. Anyone know how the location selection works?

Comment

Originally posted by NPSFL74 View Post
                            Cat A for me as well. Anyone know how the location selection works?
                            Same here, category A. No idea how the location selection works.

Comment

Category A for me as well. I wonder what the online assessment entails.

Comment

I also was rated Category A. I found this paragraph about vet pref interesting:

"Candidates will be considered in category group order. Preference eligibles who
                                meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable
                                service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the
                                highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional
                                positions at the GS-9 level or higher).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4924 users online. 300 members and 4624 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X